Quantcast

>>>Slacker Thursday GMT<<<

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no flying vacation next year.....50/50 east coast fall tour of maine...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! My parents sent me a Fitbit for Christmas but it did not have the features I wanted and was not water proof. I was going to return it and get some fancy gloves I saw yesterday. Instead I exchanged it for a Garmin that is water proof and has satellite tracking. It seems cool and has a lot of features for a reasonable price. I'm going to test it out on a hike along the river this afternoon.

I'm still waiting on a casette to complete my new wheel set. Maybe today. :)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Swam 2250yds this morning 35:45 pace for race distance. With altitude benefit that should put me at around 33:00, so where I need to be. Bike pace has me as expected at 16.5mph for the distance on our local hilly routes, so that should increase to probably 17mph on a flat sea level course. I suck at running, so a 10:00/mile pace is the best I can assume I'll maintain. I'll be lucky to beat my Austin and Boulder paces, especially given I am struggling to hit all of my workouts because of life. Ugh. I don't think I'm going to sign up for another one of these (at least half distance) until Haley is a fully functional child.

Otherwise, work. I get to spend who knows how long trying to fix a corrupted Excel file. Ugh again.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkies! My parents sent me a Fitbit for Christmas but it did not have the features I wanted and was not water proof. I was going to return it and get some fancy gloves I saw yesterday. Instead I exchanged it for a Garmin that is water proof and has satellite tracking. It seems cool and has a lot of features for a reasonable price. I'm going to test it out on a hike along the river this afternoon.

I'm still waiting on a casette to complete my new wheel set. Maybe today. :)
Which one?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just restore from backup. :D
We have a file that's current as of yesterday morning, it's just finding the source file is the problem. It's such a regularly used file that everybody opens it from quick link. Nobody knows where the original is located except one guy and he's on vacation...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We have a file that's current as of yesterday morning, it's just finding the source file is the problem. It's such a regularly used file that everybody opens it from quick link. Nobody knows where the original is located except one guy and he's on vacation...
It's good to see industries that are still ripe for improvements to IT process. Should keep me busy until my departure from the rat-race. :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this morning, we're back to frozen dirt, yay. Winter storm incoming - looks like little snow and some rain in coastal areas. Le sigh.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Sore, but not as bad as I thought I'd be. I take joy in that both the women folk seem to be much more hobbled than I am this morning. I guess all that running has been good for something. Probably spend the day soaking in various hot springs and/or drinking beer. Moar skiing tomorrow.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Here. Swam 2250yds this morning 35:45 pace for race distance. With altitude benefit that should put me at around 33:00, so where I need to be. Bike pace has me as expected at 16.5mph for the distance on our local hilly routes, so that should increase to probably 17mph on a flat sea level course. I suck at running, so a 10:00/mile pace is the best I can assume I'll maintain. I'll be lucky to beat my Austin and Boulder paces, especially given I am struggling to hit all of my workouts because of life. Ugh. I don't think I'm going to sign up for another one of these (at least half distance) until Haley is a fully functional child.

Otherwise, work. I get to spend who knows how long trying to fix a corrupted Excel file. Ugh again.
What 70.3 are you doing again? I've got three on my schedule for 2017, all Rev3 races. Not that I intentionally signed up for that brand, but that's what fit on the schedule (in order: Quassy, Williamsburg, Barrelman).

2500 yard masters swim before work at a slower-than-Stoney pace.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Blah day today, at least I found my sun glasses (I actually needed them yesterday). Should be a good day other than doing math. Motivation level -2.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Gave my bag lunch to a presumed homeless, gnarly looking guy at the off ramp. Turkey sandwich, brown mustard & pickle, apple, and protein drink. He was half through the sandwich before the light turned green.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/05/garmin-vivoactivehr-review.html

While waterproof, not ideal for swimming. $200 at Target compatible with both Russian and US satellites.
The optical sensor doesn't work in the water, that's why. IIRC, you should be able to get the Tri or Swim chest strap if you want that information.

I have that one, and I think stoney got it as well. Approve.
I looked at it, but ended up with the 735XT because of multisport. The Vivo doesn't allow for tri-mode, so it was either the Fenix or 735XT. I went 735 because I don't want the weight and didn't need all of the extra options on the Fenix.

What 70.3 are you doing again? I've got three on my schedule for 2017, all Rev3 races. Not that I intentionally signed up for that brand, but that's what fit on the schedule (in order: Quassy, Williamsburg, Barrelman).

2500 yard masters swim before work at a slower-than-Stoney pace.
It's actually a 70.4 (http://www.bayshoretriathlon.com/). I might do some Sprint and Olympic distance over the spring/summer though. While my swim is faster, you kill me on the run and bike. It's just these wookie arms.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Cleaned the studio (living room). Gonna try tracking again. Spent some time yesterday working on EQ and DI sounds. Think I figured out what I wanted to figure out by stealing EQ plot ideas from some popular devices (thanks, Google Image Search).

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Gave my bag lunch to a presumed homeless, gnarly looking guy at the off ramp. Turkey sandwich, brown mustard & pickle, apple, and protein drink. He was half through the sandwich before the light turned green.
Good on you Nick.
I see my mentally ill brothers face every time I look at a homeless dude.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
if I was offered a salary of $2M I'd have a 3 or 4 year escape plan and check the fuck outta there.

best part of getting old and grouchy is realizing that I don't need much to be happy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
if I was offered a salary of $2M I'd have a 3 or 4 year escape plan and check the fuck outta there.

best part of getting old and grouchy is realizing that I don't need much to be happy.
:stupid:

I can live like a cheap bastard. Buy a small place, stash 80% of it and be done in 2 years. But I am guessing they enjoy that sort of thing...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Very busy day ahead of me at work: understaffed on vacation week and very long worklist to start the day.
Prediction confirmed. I need my own salary bump to keep on working at this frenetic pace.