Quantcast

@@@Slacker Thursdump@@@

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

2 double-espresso's this morning and I pretty much just did that "I Dream of Genie" thing where I blink...and all of a sudden, I'm at work. I hope I didn't hurt anyone on the highway during the commute....

Started work on a new photo-restoration project last night for a co-worker. There's about 15 photos to do that are in pretty rough shape so she can get them framed for Christmas. Why do I say yes to these things.....? :bonk:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up early and took out the trash, because you know, it's trash day, and walked around the neighborhood and through the park. Dark, cold, completely silent. Not a sound aside from my feet. Every time I'm sleepless I should do this.

Have a nice day, people.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Not much to report here, not much at all. Think I'll drop by the bike shop at lunch to pick up my headset and a few odds and ends, anyone need anything?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Was roused from bed at 5 this morning because "I need help with dog #2". Dog #2 had poo-splosion all over the damn living room downstairs. When I walked him yesterday morning he was having poo issues, but I had assumed it was because I'd given him a doggie aspirin the night before, which has upset his stomach in the past. It is quite unusual for it to be this level though. I'm kind of worried, he is an exceptionally old dog, at least by lab standards. Trip to the vet may be in my near future.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Was roused from bed at 5 this morning because "I need help with dog #2". Dog #2 had poo-splosion all over the damn living room downstairs. When I walked him yesterday morning he was having poo issues, but I had assumed it was because I'd given him a doggie aspirin the night before, which has upset his stomach in the past. It is quite unusual for it to be this level though. I'm kind of worried, he is an exceptionally old dog, at least by lab standards. Trip to the vet may be in my near future.
you coming to the south?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coffee......

The group ride last night ended with hearing howling and/or screaming from the far end of the forest. We tried to go investigate but it stopped. I'm guessing it was the sasquatch coming for us.

Thinking about ducking out after lunch and tossing some dirt on berms and lips . . .

Read this this morning and had mixed feelings - don't like Wilson's getting the exposure - remember - Wilsons sucks. Everyone should just stay away! amirite, @canadmos? https://www.pinkbike.com/news/east-bound-and-down-boone-north-carolina.html
I have some reading to do, but yes Wilsons sucks! Its flat, no tech and not very scenic at all. Stay away from that place!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
dammit man, you don't go towards that, you
Of course. The trip to the shed before the ride might have helped with that decision.

But I also wasn't the first in line, nor the last and am not the slowest one in the group. So I thought I would have been safe if a group of sasquatch popped out and gave chase. :busted:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Still recovering from the Baja 1000, still recovering from diving straight into a Moab trip afterwards. But alas, stories and race reports from our race and chase crew are continuing to be created... the latest couple are posted to the website and linked below:

http://projectbaja.com/2017/11/josh-mcguckins-baja-experience/
http://projectbaja.com/2017/11/chris-joyces-baja-experience/

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we had a 6-person media team that followed us all the way down the peninsula, courtesy of Volkswagen. Last night VW released the first of what I hope is many videos from the race, pro shot and edited. What a trip. I can't embed the video (unless RM supports iframes?) but here's the link to check it out:

https://media.vw.com/gallery/videos/7747

I've probably watched that thing a dozen times in the last 12 hours, reliving all 58 of those hours of my life in 2 minutes each time.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Still recovering from the Baja 1000, still recovering from diving straight into a Moab trip afterwards. But alas, stories and race reports from our race and chase crew are continuing to be created... the latest couple are posted to the website and linked below:

http://projectbaja.com/2017/11/josh-mcguckins-baja-experience/
http://projectbaja.com/2017/11/chris-joyces-baja-experience/

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we had a 6-person media team that followed us all the way down the peninsula, courtesy of Volkswagen. Last night VW released the first of what I hope is many videos from the race, pro shot and edited. What a trip. I can't embed the video (unless RM supports iframes?) but here's the link to check it out:

https://media.vw.com/gallery/videos/7747

I've probably watched that thing a dozen times in the last 12 hours, reliving all 58 of those hours of my life in 2 minutes each time.
Meh....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

So sorry to hear that...I have that problem as well. I mean, not from the dog, but you get the idea....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yesterday phone conversation was excellent. Keen on the gig, not keen on the locale, but they could be moving since they are out of space in the current office. Moar calls this week and we shall see. I am guessing I have to the end of the year, but it could be a little longer than that until the axe falls. I hope to be clear before that, but this isn't the ideal time to be looking, either

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I have leftover pizza (fancy Mici's shit) and drunken noodles for my packed lunch today. #winning

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife was looking at stuff last night and found a gig for me in Charlotte, NC for $100k. Then we looked at housing and I could get exactly what we want (single level 3/2 on +.5 acres) for less than $200k. We could sell our place for $325k, put $80k down and be living on a $600ish house payment we could pay off in 5 years.

WTF? I think I am a little old and my skills aren't as hot and fresh as they used to be, so they may not be hot on moving me cross country, but it sure makes the wheels turn.

NC monkeys seem to like it. I know a few that have spoken highly of the hipster vibe.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I wouldn't be too worried. Dogs eat things they shouldn't, especially labs. The fact that it is coming out the back end is a good sign it is working its' way through the system.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The wife was looking at stuff last night and found a gig for me in Charlotte, NC for $100k. Then we looked at housing and I could get exactly what we want (single level 3/2 on +.5 acres) for less than $200k. We could sell our place for $325k, put $80k down and be living on a $600ish house payment we could pay off in 5 years.

WTF? I think I am a little old and my skills aren't as hot and fresh as they used to be, so they may not be hot on moving me cross country, but it sure makes the wheels turn.

NC monkeys seem to like it. I know a few that have spoken highly of the hipster vibe.
Yup. Hence my interest in Chattanooga, though it seems COL is about the same, real estate is pretty cheap. If I can pay cash for a place on more than .5 acre it might be a done deal. Though so far my Zillow-ing isn't providing me with a lot of places that meet my demand for High speed Municipal broadband, the wifes demand for acreage to raise animals, and the kids demand for schools that are not shite. #firstworldproblems.

Also, currently CHA sees only 3 turns and one overnight, a day. That's the level of flying we had in PDX when they shut us down. Unless they are planning on spooling flying way up, that's not real confidence inspiring.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
bleh GI apt day. basically im going in just to make a colonoscopy apt. >.<
things got real with the new girl this past week. first real relationship since the divorce. feeling pretty amazing/scared about it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yup. Hence my interest in Chattanooga, though it seems COL is about the same, real estate is pretty cheap. If I can pay cash for a place on more than .5 acre it might be a done deal. Though so far my Zillow-ing isn't providing me with a lot of places that meet my demand for High speed Municipal broadband, the wifes demand for acreage to raise animals, and the kids demand for schools that are not shite. #firstworldproblems.

Also, currently CHA sees only 3 turns and one overnight, a day. That's the level of flying we had in PDX when they shut us down. Unless they are planning on spooling flying way up, that's not real confidence inspiring.
I have spent 2 weeks on the east coast and I was in DC the whole time with only my skateboard. So my east coast exposure is limited and the wife thinks we need to at least check it out. Both my folks went to UNC, but dad took a job at Berkeley after he did his PhD and they stayed west. I know there are a couple "tech hubs" but there are SOOO MANY places to work here that it is tough to leave. It's just SOOOO EXPENSIVE now.

The wife showed me her friends "loft" in the Pearl that she bought for $260k that is now $380k + $350/month HOA. It is a converted industrial building split into 700sqft rooms people pay way too much for.