Quantcast

### Slacker Turdsday###

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, hoss!! I took the tri bike out for 25 miles before work. I put some effort into the ride, as best as I can early in the morning anyway, which isn't saying much. I love the quiet roads before the morning commute picks up.

Looks like it's going to rain now. I should probably hurry up and take the dogs out instead of wasting time here with you people.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a pile of work to work on today, and some errands to run to get prepared for a camping trip this weekend. But also, gonna try and paddle/float a new section of the river this afternoon. Oh, and connected with an old friend from 10+ years ago who's been splitting time between Boulder and my new town, stoked to get out for rides and burritos with this dude. He's riding the Crest today, but gonna paddle with us later this afternoon. HKNA.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Got a decent amount of the FILs tractor apart last night. Dirty work and all, and astounding to see how poorly it was all taken care of. Grease your joints people.

Now to scrounge for breakfast...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Commute took 15 seconds today

delay was due to kids 2 and 3 being in the way on the stairs

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
had been considering taking the kids to my parents place to swim for the week, but my back pain and the 4+ hr drive (each way) have decided otherwise.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Waiting for flight to ID.

Was up until almost midnight last night getting ready for two days completely unplugged from work. While going through stuff, I got a couple emails from people asking what's going with requests I had handed off to our internal service team, because they haven't heard from anybody. It's all operations that my manager had been asking me to hand off to our service team has been getting dropped with no follow-up if people weren't contacted on a first phone call. I got to go back 4 months to everything I've handed off and 95% hadn't been completed. Got to send off a pretty nasty email to every person not doing their job, copying the Director of their team (known since he was my equal) and my boss. Should be an interesting email chain to come back to...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got up to 83F in la casa yesterday... I'm suspecting today may break our collective wills on avoiding A/C, unless we get some assistance from afternoon clouds.
81 in our place yesterday. First time that's happened this year. The real concerning part was that it was 72 on the thermostat when I got up this morning. Fuuuuu..........

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Reporting for misery!

Had a hell of a couple of days. Visited the inlaws over the weekend so the kids can run around barefoot for a bit. Turns out (not that it was unknown) that my SIL is a sociopath and believes her son can do no wrong, such as when he hits my children or the family dog unprovoked. Me suggesting to my kids that they stay away from said child resulted in her screaming her head off, terrifying my children and ruining the day. She picked a second fight the next day threatening me with the boy's father as we were trying to leave. Been trying to recover since then....it's a bit easy for me since this isn't my direct family, but it's still people that I love and it's affecting my wife very deeply. Such a fucked up situation, dealing with domestic abuse is not something I am used to nor equipped for. I can just run away, but I've never really been in a situation where I need to try and save somebody else from such a thing. So I got that going for me.

In addition, this is my last week at my current workplace. It's been remarkably nice as a lot of people have come out of the woodwork to say thank you and that they will miss me and to wish me the best...but the drama continues and apparently some of the things I said in confidence to a co-worker I thought I could trust were almost immediately relayed to HR which is why I got a call from them two days afterwards....which my boss relayed back to me. I am startled and dumbfounded that somebody would do that to a coworker and potentially poison their relationship at the last minute. Regardless my boss and I seem to be on good terms and despite things I wish her the best...just not near me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
things I said in confidence to a co-worker I thought I could trust were almost immediately relayed to HR
Someone needs a leaving gift in their office desk before you check out.
And sucks on the family thing.

Spent way too much money on blinds yesterday to try and keep our house cooler. "Two weeks" until they should arrive and then hopefully only a couple of days to get an installer here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had a hell of a couple of days. Visited the inlaws over the weekend so the kids can run around barefoot for a bit. Turns out (not that it was unknown) that my SIL is a sociopath and believes her son can do no wrong, such as when he hits my children or the family dog unprovoked. Me suggesting to my kids that they stay away from said child resulted in her screaming her head off, terrifying my children and ruining the day. She picked a second fight the next day threatening me with the boy's father as we were trying to leave. Been trying to recover since then....it's a bit easy for me since this isn't my direct family, but it's still people that I love and it's affecting my wife very deeply. Such a fucked up situation, dealing with domestic abuse is not something I am used to nor equipped for. I can just run away, but I've never really been in a situation where I need to try and save somebody else from such a thing. So I got that going for me.
my wife's relationship with her mother has deteriorated to the point that she's out of the picture for all intents and purposes. its sad, but it was a toxic relationship, so in the end its for the best.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Looks like a quick blast to Bromont is in the works for this weekend.
Leave late Saturday ie 10pm, drive 8 hours, grab 3 or 4 hours kip in the truck, then ride.
After that is a bit hazy. Food?, something?, sleep somewhere?, something?, drive home.
And it is supposed to rain Sunday. Sounds like a plan, slick as...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Someone needs a leaving gift in their office desk before you check out.
And sucks on the family thing.

Spent way too much money on blinds yesterday to try and keep our house cooler. "Two weeks" until they should arrive and then hopefully only a couple of days to get an installer here.
It's funny...prior to/upon my departure, they decided to shake up the reporting structure. I was set to report to her (had I stayed). I spoke with her in confidence since she was going through many of the same things I was- I would never had relayed any of the weird shit I hear around the office otherwise. To think she spoke to HR as though they were my personal experiences...yuck.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
my wife's relationship with her mother has deteriorated to the point that she's out of the picture for all intents and purposes. its sad, but it was a toxic relationship, so in the end its for the best.
Honestly I appreciate it when people relay such personal tidbits. I was telling a (different) coworker a little about my saga and she mentioned that her father and sister have a toxic relationship, and they all just pretend like that aunt doesn't exist.

This is likely what we will have to do, but the situation is so much worse as this person lives with my MIL and FIL, and we are unlikely to be able to visit them without being near her. We have to devise plans so we can keep them in our lives without visiting the house...sucks for my kids, sucks for my wife, and sucks for my inlaws, but we have to protect our children and this is the only way until she moves out...which she probably can't do.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We have been going to about 78 lately, and that's the limit. I don't know how he does it.
I grew up in Michigan... 80F of humidless air, while not particularly comfortable, is completely tolerable. It generally doesn't hit that sort of temp until 4pm, and at that point, it's about time to open the windows anyways...

83F, on the other hand, might be close to my limit.

Also - lots of ice water. Cool yourself from the inside. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"Inch of rain in 30 minutes"
"Flash flooding"
"Tiny streams became raging rivers"

What could go wrong? Enjoy the drive home on Sunday... hopefully you weren't planning on traveling through Glenwood Canyon... :D
Sawatch...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Careful of that 285 construction... :homer:
Was likely going to go through the LV cluster of traffic, rather than the 285 cluster. Not sure there's anything roadworks this weekend along there though.

Last edited: