Quantcast

### Slacker Turdsday###

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
One nice benefit of this work from home business is the freedom to lie down on the comfy couch for a bit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Evening Monkeys.

So I dropped the car off at the body shop on Tuesday. I had done the claim using the app and Geico said it's a $1000, here's a check. The body shop laughed and sent them an adjustment. They approved the parts, not the labor. :rofl: He responded.

.thank you for sending me your supp but the car can not be repaired without setup and measure on frame bench and all the items that go with it, please forward me your supervisors contact info so I can discuss this with them. I even sent you all the info for the correct repair proceduresfor replacing an ultra hss rebar on a hydro formed frame rail end. This is a corvette not a kia!!!!! you insured a corvette and it needs to be repaired as per oem guidelines to restore to preloss condition..

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
LoL, I just had an exchange I have been waiting years for, sorta. Goateed Maverick clerk in Thayne muttered to me underneath his breath when some hispanic dudes were at the coolers "Speak english, you are in America". I didnt even look at him, but when the dudes came up to the register I told them "what a beautiful evening" in spanish. They were cool and agreed, but I wasn’t really talking to them.
Made my week. Smiled at the fuck when I walked out.

(perfect smug-ass Jacksonite, amirite?)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Evening Monkeys.

So I dropped the car off at the body shop on Tuesday. I had done the claim using the app and Geico said it's a $1000, here's a check. The body shop laughed and sent them an adjustment. They approved the parts, not the labor. :rofl: He responded.
lady that rear ended my last tuesday has usaa insurance. i have to say, thus far they have been the best company i've worked with on a claim.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
LoL, I just had an exchange I have been waiting years for, sorta. Goateed Maverick clerk in Thayne muttered to me underneath his breath when some hispanic dudes were at the coolers "Speak english, you are in America". I didnt even look at him, but when the dudes came up to the register I told them "what a beautiful evening" in spanish. They were cool and agreed, but I wasn’t really talking to them.
Made my week. Smiled at the fuck when I walked out.
i mean, you were at a maverick...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
lady that rear ended my last tuesday has usaa insurance. i have to say, thus far they have been the best company i've worked with on a claim.
Yeah, I never should have switched from USAA, but I will be switching back as soon as this is settled.

I just thought it was funny when the body shop manager called to tell me he had CC'd me on his response and that it was only for my info, not directed at me. This is a different guy than the one who painted it before (the first 3 times).

The wife keeps saying she'll be happy when it's gone.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've had USAA for oh, like 14 years now, and I have no incentive to switch. They've covered all my claims no problem.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Honestly I appreciate it when people relay such personal tidbits. I was telling a (different) coworker a little about my saga and she mentioned that her father and sister have a toxic relationship, and they all just pretend like that aunt doesn't exist.

This is likely what we will have to do, but the situation is so much worse as this person lives with my MIL and FIL, and we are unlikely to be able to visit them without being near her. We have to devise plans so we can keep them in our lives without visiting the house...sucks for my kids, sucks for my wife, and sucks for my inlaws, but we have to protect our children and this is the only way until she moves out...which she probably can't do.
To make a long story short, wife and I are in a very similar situation with her parents. MIL straight up is nuts. Not just in the "my mother in law is crazy haha" stereotype trope, but needs real, honest mental health services that she refuses to recognize or seek. Malignant Narcissist stuff. My wife's brother is the "chosen child", and I'll not be at all surprised when he makes the news after the remains of half a dozen drifters are found buried in his yard. I went to high school with him and the number of stories I've heard from people in the years afterwards that refer to Jason with the term "sociopath" are too numerous to be coincidence.

All that to say, that about 8 years ago there was confrontation of sorts, that involved the nuttiest behavior I've ever personally witnessed that didn't involve mind altering substances. We were in San Diego at the time, and within the hour I had seats on an airplane for the girls, and I went to stay with a friend. We haven't seen them since.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with removing yourself, your wife, and your kids from that situation. Protecting your family in a dangerous, either mentally or physically, situation is what you're supposed to do, as a husband and father. That's not to say it's easy, or will even get easier. We've spent a fair amount of money on therapists in the years that followed, but it was the right thing to do, and the only regret any of us have, is not recognizing it for what it was and getting the fuck out earlier.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
To make a long story short, wife and I are in a very similar situation with her parents. MIL straight up is nuts. Not just in the "my mother in law is crazy haha" stereotype trope, but needs real, honest mental health services that she refuses to recognize or seek. Malignant Narcissist stuff. My wife's brother is the "chosen child", and I'll not be at all surprised when he makes the news after the remains of half a dozen drifters are found buried in his yard. I went to high school with him and the number of stories I've heard from people in the years afterwards that refer to Jason with the term "sociopath" are too numerous to be coincidence.

All that to say, that about 8 years ago there was confrontation of sorts, that involved the nuttiest behavior I've ever personally witnessed that didn't involve mind altering substances. We were in San Diego at the time, and within the hour I had seats on an airplane for the girls, and I went to stay with a friend. We haven't seen them since.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with removing yourself, your wife, and your kids from that situation. Protecting your family in a dangerous, either mentally or physically, situation is what you're supposed to do, as a husband and father. That's not to say it's easy, or will even get easier. We've spent a fair amount of money on therapists in the years that followed, but it was the right thing to do, and the only regret any of us have, is not recognizing it for what it was and getting the fuck out earlier.
Thanks for the note. It's nice to hear from other people's experiences. This one is tricky because I have no problem just ruling this person out of our lives (and neither does my wife) but we don't want to cut out my in-laws...and they can't cut this person out of their lives. So we've gotta navigate the madness to not isolate her folks, but isolate our kids from her. Sucks.