Quantcast

>>>Slacker Wednsday GMT<<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Been at work for almost two hours already. Got here early so that I can leave early. The bike is locked up in the back of the building, have all my gear and beer in the car ready to go for the ride tonight.

It is indeed coffee time.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I was out early again in the cold morning dark for a 5 mile run. 22 degrees. I had to wear the winter clothes for the first time this season...pants, jacket, thicker gloves, and a fleece hat. Whether it's 0 degrees or 20 degrees, the clothes won't change too much until next spring. 7 more miles to run on the post-work schedule this afternoon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Shit on a stick it's windy this morning. Totally negated the fact that I raked up mounds of pine needles last night from my driveway.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Nothing like waking up to a rogue earbud swinging up and into your freshly surgeried eyeball.

Pretty sure I didn't do any damage, but oh, the tearing...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Wednesday! I went out with a friend last night for some winter beer tasting. More and more these days I like more in depth conversations than small talk. It's nice to really get to know peeps. Does that just come with age?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Boss texted me to say that power is out at work, and not to come in for the time being. Therefore I am still in bed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Cheesy sausage grits, fried eggs over easy, and coffee this morning. Still hacking up green lung butter for the past few days, pretty sure I got some sort of chest crud / funk / sickness from spending most of last Friday wading through waist-deep pools of frozen water — I went canyoneering for the first time. In Moab, in November, right after a bunch of precipitation. But oh boy oh girl, was it totally worth it.

Happy Wednesday! I went out with a friend last night for some winter beer tasting. More and more these days I like more in depth conversations than small talk. It's nice to really get to know peeps. Does that just come with age?
Mmmm... winter beer. And yeah, it probably (maybe?) comes with age.

Night ride last night. As a result my fucking shoulder hurts like hell. Might have to go see a doc about this one.
Thumbs up for the night ride, not for the shoulder.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dislocated the damn thing 3 times over the last 20 years. As long as I lifted in the winter it never bothered me. However it now feels like something "let go"
I have a small Hill-Sachs fracture in my right humeral head, from having dislocated that shoulder innumerable times. Such is the way of lax joints.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a small Hill-Sachs fracture in my right humeral head, from having dislocated that shoulder innumerable times. Such is the way of lax joints.
What is the difference between an orthopedist, and an orthopedic surgeon? Who should I go see. Don't want the hassle of wasting my time with a GP visit that will ultimately be an appointment making session.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That feeling when you put you headphones on and Bohemian Rhapsody has just started. Yeah. I'm there right now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What is the difference between an orthopedist, and an orthopedic surgeon? Who should I go see. Don't want the hassle of wasting my time with a GP visit that will ultimately be an appointment making session.
In my mind they are the same, but again we live in a world where chiropractors advertise themselves as Dr. Soandso... If unclear I'd just outright ask before scheduling.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got word 3 folk got cut, last days are Friday. While I will be happy to have an office to myself, I fear it will be backfilled with more of the same. I still have a job (for now). :fans:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Headed to Tahoe next week to start off my winter ski-bumming it. I will have an epic pass plus my pass in vegas which has free days all over the southwest.
This is going to be the 'Winter of TN®'. :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I dislocated the damn thing 3 times over the last 20 years. As long as I lifted in the winter it never bothered me. However it now feels like something "let go"
I had a similar issue (multi-directional dislocation, torn and or pulled tendons, worn cartilage) and the Ortho Dr. said I needed surgery. I opted for PT instead, which helped a lot. However, the most beneficial improvement came when I discovered that the arm rests on my computer chair were actually pushing my shoulder up, making it much worse. I had to modify the chair to get the arm rests down far enough. Seems most computer chairs are designed for fatties. Now its completely healed with the need for cutting.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Warning pity party for one :

Ok, so I haven't been riding much this week and dayum do I want to. On Saturday I had a little pancake accident and burned the inside of my thumb pretty good. Melted the epidermis completely. The blister that formed was something out of a sci-fi flick. Had to drain it several times a day for the first two days. Last night the dead skin tore open and is now nice and tender.

Stuff like this usually doesn't keep me off the bike. But being that I work with my hands and I'm backed up with orders and still need to produce inventory for the cases, best to play it safe. Maybe tomorrow I can ride..

Gaw, being an adult just blows sometimes.