Quantcast

Slackers Saturday

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Weather dick says its -20c outside with the windchill.

Heading out for a ride. I think I will opt to wear some snow pants, rather than experience frozen ass syndrome.

Sun is out though. Thats a plus.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
At work doing some administrative crap. First time in the office in about a month. I chose Saturday morning because I knew nobody would be here. Supposed to hit 58 freedums today so a ride might be in order..Keep it real homies.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One thing I've always found interesting. The road over Berthoud Pass has a very long, relatively flat and not too curvey first few miles with a passing lane the entire way. I tend to just cruise the speed limit (55-60mph) the whole way, but get regularly passed by guys charging up the hill like it's a race. However once you start actually going over the pass, it starts to get curvey with quite a few low speed switchbacks. The way up still has a passing lane until you cross over the top of the pass. Even slowing down and cruising at 40-45mph (a bit over the speed limit but a comfortable speed), I find myself not only catching, but blowing by a lot of those same people now driving below the speed limit.

Why is it that people do this? Why is a consistency of speed so challenging?

Even going over 70, you have the folks who zig-zag in and out of the left two lanes. I'll just cruise up the right lane at the speed limit, in what often ends up being a much faster manner. I just never really got the go fast to slow down mentality.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work doing some administrative crap. First time in the office in about a month. I chose Saturday morning because I knew nobody would be here. Supposed to hit 58 freedums today so a ride might be in order..Keep it real homies.
58 degrees sounds like summer weather at this point. Enjoy it!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
One thing I've always found interesting. The road over Berthoud Pass has a very long, relatively flat and not too curvey first few miles with a passing lane the entire way. I tend to just cruise the speed limit (55-60mph) the whole way, but get regularly passed by guys charging up the hill like it's a race. However once you start actually going over the pass, it starts to get curvey with quite a few low speed switchbacks. The way up still has a passing lane until you cross over the top of the pass. Even slowing down and cruising at 40-45mph (a bit over the speed limit but a comfortable speed), I find myself not only catching, but blowing by a lot of those same people now driving below the speed limit.

Even going over 70, you have the folks who zig-zag in and out of the left two lanes. I'll just cruise up the right lane at the speed limit, in what often ends up being a much faster manner. I just never really got the go fast to slow down mentality.
dtfb.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 10 miles that were cold and windy and all around miserable. I am glad that's done.

I don't appreciate the robocalls from CVS telling me it *might* be time to refill a prescription. If I needed a fuckin' prescription, I'd let them know. Those fucks. I am on one prescription, which is an inhaler that takes me about six months to get through.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

That happens everywhere. My thought is that they are clueless. They hold their foot in the same position, never look in the mirrors or at the gauges and only stare straight ahead or at their phones. They need to die

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Of course the second I get up and before I can make coffee the wifey starts in with a honey do list. Then she can't understand why I get all fucking grumpy. It's only been 23 years of me telling her to leave me the fuck alone until after I have some coffee in me. Why the fuck is that such a difficult concept for women to understand...unless she likes me being an asshole first thing in the morning :eek:

Have to go into the office then get my EMS gear organized for the horse show tomorrow. I might try and get some of the BS on her list done. Rain and clay soil = no dirt riding. and road is out do to lack of vision by shitty drivers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife's birthday. Doing birthday stuff. Made her a nice breakfast (she requested homemade home fries eggs and fruit) and a cappuccino. She is gonna flip over her present. And she has chosen brisket and wings from the local bbq place for dinner. I'm sure we'll wind up in the hot tub at some point.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early, prepared bagels for breakfast, mixed sourdough for bread tonight, baked some mini muffins, now about to have a moment with Otto Deutsch Hans and then ... a beer? Sourdough bread burgers are the best, for the record. I may have to have some today, too.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Gonna fat bike with two local ‘fast guys’ today, gonna hurt.
I told them I was going to ‘pull sweep’ just to be extra sure that they didn’t drop anything.
came across two guys that were looking for a quick out to the trailhead. I said, take this trail and then, second trail on the left, or, I'm heading this way so just follow me. I was going my normal pace and when I arrived at the intersection there was nobody following me... I though they had taken first left... they eventually arrived all out of breath. They told me to go ahead and that they would figure out the rest. I think I might have killed them in one short mile. #coolstorybro

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I ran 10 miles that were cold and windy and all around miserable. I am glad that's done.

I don't appreciate the robocalls from CVS telling me it *might* be time to refill a prescription. If I needed a fuckin' prescription, I'd let them know. Those fucks. I am on one prescription, which is an inhaler that takes me about six months to get through.
Yes, but what about your car warranty...I think it's about to expire!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Afternoon. It's cold here, but sunny so I braved the outside to go for a walk/run....now it's hot tub time. Also, I do not like running but keep picking it up here and there just in case I've lost my mind. Good whiskey and homemade zuppa tuscano tonight too.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I finally sorted my dropper cable on the fatbike. It was too short, so when turning right too much the post would activate. Only took 6 years to fix. Getting better at this bike fixing thing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I finally sorted my dropper cable on the fatbike. It was too short, so when turning right too much the post would activate. Only took 6 years to fix. Getting better at this bike fixing thing.
I report issues to my on site mechanic and their fixing happens at a similar rate (unless I pay upfront with beer).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I report issues to my on site mechanic and their fixing happens at a similar rate (unless I pay upfront with beer).
I know of a person who uses the same reporting technique. Alas the onsite mechanic does not have as much leeway, beer or no beer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skied. Wife likes her new-to-her skis. All kids accounted for. Visibility got bad after noon. Waiting for burgers to be ready at the Peak for pickup now, sucking down electrons from the town garage wall umbilical.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Got hung up at the office so I went and picked up beer then decided to make a pot roast /beef stew in a dutch oven. Seared the beef with spices and onions now its in the oven with the broth carrots potatoes and celery slow cooking for a total of 4 hours. Yard work and packing up my EMS gear. Wifey wants to go to COSTCO this afternoon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skied. Wife likes her new-to-her skis. All kids accounted for. Visibility got bad after noon. Waiting for burgers to be ready at the Peak for pickup now, sucking down electrons from the town garage wall umbilical.
I might want to steal her old skis for a weekend for Wifey; just to try them out. Her boots are 235 base.

We got in a few more runs after noon, with the poor visibility. Had to stop bumps because I couldn't differentiate them. Mary Jane side was way better. Right up until I raked my skis over a 4' long rock section on Drunken Frenchman. Totally hidden by the new snow and totally rock. I think I'll need @Nick to look at them, because it was bad.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I might want to steal her old skis for a weekend for Wifey; just to try them out. Her boots are 235 base.

We got in a few more runs after noon, with the poor visibility. Had to stop bumps because I couldn't differentiate them. Mary Jane side was way better. Right up until I raked my skis over a 4' long rock section on Drunken Frenchman. Totally hidden by the new snow and totally rock. I think I'll need @Nick to look at them, because it was bad.
All skis are rock skis. And if it's not a core-shot, just trim any dangly bits and wait until coverage is better to fix them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
picked up frame.

wirnessed the most stunning collection of brooklyn machineworks bikes....