Quantcast

@slacking tuesderp gmt@

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Coffee! I derped and bought me a box of breakfast blend instead of my fav uber-dark roast (hello marketers, can you make them look a bit more different?) so I am double shot-ing this morning.

Also, Quorthon. And a bacon bagel.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
mmmmm yess slacking

ran 10 parts on the cnc, run time 2:09.. and thats the only work i had today

slow as shit... guess it usually is during the holidays.. might leave at noon

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Haven't been on the :monkey: in almost 2 weeks. We went on our midwest road trip to visit my wife's family for the holidays. Logged over 2000 miles in 10days and our son did pretty well for a 2 1/2 year old sitting in a car seat for that much time.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
hmmmmm! iv been thinking of things to make, bike related... that one is nice and simple ( and not life threatening... in no way am i making a stem or anything... maybe if i made one out of 316 stainless :p )

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last work day before my "vacation". Marathon drive to California, visit mom, have a late family Christmas on Saturday, up early for a straight 11hr drive to drop the little monkey, drop the rental car, then home to die before work on Monday. It will be good for the little monkey to see everyone, but this drive is going to suck ass. At least I got to do it in the Corvette last year. This year its "A Rav4 or something similar", yay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
still off from work. oh yea. need to get a tdap vaccine today, other than that spending time in the workshop with the new router table.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

Last work day before my "vacation". Marathon drive to California, visit mom, have a late family Christmas on Saturday, up early for a straight 11hr drive to drop the little monkey, drop the rental car, then home to die before work on Monday. It will be good for the little monkey to see everyone, but this drive is going to suck ass. At least I got to do it in the Corvette last year. This year its "A Rav4 or something similar", yay.
Phobia of airplanes?

Impressive amount of retardosity out on the roads this morning. Fucking morons.
Retardedness around here so far seems limited to people driving way too slowly, in addition to the usual small cadre of people who don't understand the difference between static and dynamic coefficients of friction.

Car registered a nice even 0 degrees F on the drive in, for the record. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>Retardedness around here so far seems limited to people driving way too slowly,
This mostly. So everything crawled due to several people on the OTHER side of the highway going cracker-dog... and then once things loosened up there were no less than *3* people in the fast lane doing 30mph despite no traffic in ANY lane. :rant:
in addition to the usual small cadre of people who don't understand the difference between static and dynamic coefficients of friction.
Yes - I wish people would get this.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Phobia of airplanes?
We are bringing the dogs with us, not sure I want to deal with them and the airport.

<edit> Don't get me started on the asshat in the H2 on my drive in this morning. Dear lord, nearly ran me over jumping lanes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
shit my brothers kids do....

oldest son: dad do you sometimes hear loud crashing upstairs

my brother: yes...why?

oldest son: that's vincent jumping off the bureau.

youngest son discovers glue stick and paper....proceeds to draw flags of different countries and stick them all over the dining room wall....dining room walls...destroyed.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So my older female cousin appears to have gone off the deep end. She went wacko on Thursday and ended up on a 72 hour psych hold. Found out today that She ended up getting committed and transferred to a long term psych facility. Would kind of explain some of the crap she had accused some family members of doing over the past few months