Quantcast

%^%^% Slapperday GMT %^%^%^%^

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Howdy folks.

Got ~10mi in yesterday at leominster SF here in MA. Would have done a bit more but I didn't have much breakfast and didn't bring any food....so started to crash right at the "offramp" back to the parking lot. Trails were actually in great shape aside from a couple of river crossings, and one trail that was actually riding up a "dry" riverbed...wtf??? Ate a big mac for lunch and was home in time to relieve the nanny. Great way to spend the day off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
kim gordon is almost older than jbp....like 68....

listening to sister this morning....

sunny as fuck out....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Still waiting for SC CS to confirm if I am actually getting a frame... Not having frames and parts in stock is unfortunate, taking a week to respond to every email is frustrating.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept better, but still woken up by daughter at one point. At least she told me what she needed this time.

Almost 24 hours post second shot, only a little tired and achey, hopefully this trend continues. Nowhere near as bad as the wife.

Coffee for now

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meh. Went to sleep late, woke up early by children wanting to play with kittens. Windshield on Subaru getting changed today. Wifey and I are going to try and put up more cabinets at MILs house.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got Seattle tix booked yesterday, finally using up most flight credits from canceled travel plans last year. July 31-Aug 15.

Rental vehicle prices are off the chart insane so we shan't be doing that, instead focusing on walkable things in West Seattle and takeout via the MIL's 4.5 seat Lexus RX.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Debating riding tomorrow assuming no more side effects, but leaning slightly towards holding off so I'll feel normal sooner for riding dh next weekend.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Got squirrelly the other night on a night ride and put my left foot down into a bush. Too bad I couldn't see the giant rock I kicked. Pretty sure the big toe knuckle imploded. Seeking an x ray on Monday.

In other news having a black and blue foot is a good excuse for not running the lawn mower/weed whipper.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
decent ride. kiddo wrecked pretty hard on the crappy old dual slalom run and got some nice scrapes. prolly do some work in the yard this afternoon.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I was dragging a little ass on my ride yesterday, and came up with a motivational coach-ey phrase...
”Don’t just race for time...race for a GOOD time!”

Seems like a good NICA phrase...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got squirrelly the other night on a night ride and put my left foot down into a bush. Too bad I couldn't see the giant rock I kicked. Pretty sure the big toe knuckle imploded. Seeking an x ray on Monday.

In other news having a black and blue foot is a good excuse for not running the lawn mower/weed whipper.
Black Sabbath and Blue Öyster Cult double bill comes to mind...
092FF2AE-2982-455D-9EC1-4216ACF5340C.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Glad to see the trailer I welded last year held up. I backed it into a tree and jackknifed it into the tractor and it held up. It is official. I am no longer allowed to drive the tractor.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lawn mowed & trimmed, split a wheelbarrow of firewood, showered, and now grilling burgers. Hot tub later. No additional symptoms from shot #2 today

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
well shit. Went to get the windshield replaced today and the guy wouldn't do it. There is a bunch of bubbly rust at the base of the windshield area. Given where it is and the car's historical residencies, his assumption is that a prior installed scraped the shit out of the framing and just moved on like it didn't happen. It's been 5yrs since it was replaced and that was enough for it to corrode and bubble up. So... I get to go to few body shops to get estimates for the rust and paint repair. Still cheaper than buying a new car, but a pain in the ass.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
apparently the kiddo isn't too traumatized by his scrapes from his wreck as he just rediscovered his old 20" bike and is jumping it off our patio and tearing up the backyard.

gonna grill some burgers as soon as the wife-bot returns from the store

went looking for heady topper/focal banger but when i could not find settled for a 4 pack of imperial stout

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
IPA No14 cures everything.

Converted longer dropper to 30.9 lower tube, installed it on the bike, went for a solo ride. Wifey is grumpy as fuck the day after her #1 shot. I have a slight pain in the vaccinated shoulder today, weird. Moar riding planned for early morning tomorrow, whether solo again or with a company is yet to be seen.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Saw two chipmunks so I set the trap out while I swapped out garbage disposals and there were two in the bucket when I finished for a total of 20.

I am the Chipmunk Grim Reaper.