Quantcast

#@# Slaughterday GMT#@#

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
With yesterday's rain and thaw and today's temps, I declare crust season officially open.
#makeyourowntrail

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello. Got breads at the Japanese bakery and tipped near 100% as I want them to still exist, dropped off infant car seat and stroller detritus for donation to WeeCycle, and am back in bed now for the moment.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Went to sleep fine, woke up at midnight with a 100* fever, sore throat, not hungry, and my whole body hurting and exhausted. Lungs feel fine and not coughing, but it feels like strep in my throat. Headache is worse because I haven't had my coffee this morning. FTS is currently high.

Ordered Wifey her Echelon because it was $300 off (free shipping on 150# bike). She's in a very good mood because of it. I do need to rearrange the basement slightly and still get her a tablet, but I'm not going to Costco for a while now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Drove past one of my trailheads yesterday. Never seen so many vehicles before.
By 10AM, the zombies have arrived. Gonna be a bad riding season even if they don't shut the state parks down, which they will, given the masses at the parking lots and nearby roads.

In other news, I am contemplating getting a 55lbs bag of flour for $$$ because I have very little trust that they will keep sufficient flow of supplies once we get hit really hard. The Mass numbers are bad, exponential growth here we go.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
damn it. They sent me a Rookie Vehicle inspector. His first time solo in the field. What takes 45 minutes with an experienced inspector just took 3 effing hours and I had to explain to him half of what the stuff was on his check lists. At least I earned a full comp day. Now its pouring rain out. Forecast was for sunshine. Indoor gym day instead of riding .....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
do not.

the sams club parking lot near me has been nut to butt the last three days.

you want sars 19.....go food shopping.
We have enough food for a while. We need a tablet for her Echelon and Costco has them for cheap. That is why I would go to Costco - to see that they have and what is on sale.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went on a bike ride and somehow a side effect of Covid-19 seems to be that folks think hiking on bike-only trails is a great idea. Had 8 encounters of which 2 were near misses because they were in spots where you can't see far enough into the trail and go pretty fast. With other bikes it is usually not a problem because the trail is meandering around quite a bit, so you have a feeling if someone rides in front of you. The pedestrians were shortcutting the loops, so it was unpredictable where they were. One group I encountered twice and both times they acted like a flock of chickens. :banghead:
And if you have your fucking dog off the leash then at least warn me that it is sitting in the landing of a drop. :rant:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went on a bike ride and somehow a side effect of Covid-19 seems to be that folks think hiking on bike-only trails is a great idea. Had 8 encounters of which 2 were near misses because they were in spots where you can't see far enough into the trail and go pretty fast. With other bikes it is usually not a problem because the trail is meandering around quite a bit, so you have a feeling if someone rides in front of you. The pedestrians were shortcutting the loops, so it was unpredictable where they were. One group I encountered twice and both times they acted like a flock of chickens. :banghead:
And if you have your fucking dog off the leash then at least warn me that it is sitting in the landing of a drop. :rant:
I forget, where do you live where you have bike only trails? we have a few on Teton Pass, but it’s only a handful nationwide on public lands..,

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yup. I went to the grocery store, which was fine (everything in stock that I needed), but NO ONE was practicing any sort of social distancing. It was ridiculous.
i would have better luck grocery shopping at the loves truck stop just across the border in SC....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I didn't know you lived in 'Murica...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I forget, where do you live where you have bike only trails? we have a few on Teton Pass, but it’s only a handful nationwide on public lands..,
Denmark. It is a private forest with 25 km of trails specifically build for MTB use. If you want to ride there you have to get a license, which costs approx. 120 $/year. Some folks are poaching, but 600-700 have the license, so this makes it worthwhile for the land owner. One of his employees is spending part of his time maintaining the trails but clubs (especially one) are also allowed to build there. The pics of the freeride stuff I posted previously is from there. I live 5 km away, so buying the license and helping with trail building and maintenance is part of ensuring this place stays open.

Because it is Denmark you can't really ban hikers from trails. They are encouraged to not be on the MTB trails for their own safety and usually this works well. Like I said, Covid-19 side effect right now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Our grocery stores are only allowing the elderly to shop between 6 and 8 AM, which I have no problem with, but somebody needs to tell these people that they don't have to leave the store by 8:00 AM. I got to the store at 8:00, and the register lines were all backed up with old folks, while the rest of the store was completely void of customers. So I got my shopping done stress-free and was pleasantly surprised that there was plenty of bread, English muffins, frozen food, and Cheez-Its. We got lots of food now.

On the subject of exercise, I ran 5 miles this morning, then took the tri bike out for the first time this year for 22 easy miles. For a 45 degree ride, I wore way too many layers and was uncomfortably warm.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was going to go North on the gravel bike but the bike path was packed go I dropped that plan and hung out in the garden all day and sawed firewood by hand.

Going to put the mtb in the Volvo and drive up North away from the crowds and launch it off some sweet jumps.

Also been on the hunt for a Atlas Cedar and looks like I finally scored one at the right rice.