Quantcast

Slayer announced a “final” tour...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There are few things more enjoyable than a live show where the music is so distorted and echo-ey that you can't even tell who is playing.
So with that said, I was amazed by the production and sound of Ghost in Dallas last year. They played with Maiden and it was all good. I think when I saw Maiden one of the times in Seattle the sound was just all shit, supposedly the sound in the Tacoma Dome is bad and they are going to smash it down to build it back up and address this. But Ghost just sounded amazing when they came on, they got that nailed.

One of the absolute worst that I've seen in concert was Dream Theater (played with Maiden in Phoenix). WTF? Just horrible.

jdcamb did kind of leave himself open for that, I couldn't resist.
Dio You Rock.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
EDIT: my bad memory....also got a chance to roadie for them as part of the local crew in '91/92 when they toured with Overkill and Motorhead. Somehow my bud who was crew chief scored me the "runner" job, which was to wait until someone needed something at Kinko's or whatever. This translated to me sitting around and eventually playing Nerf football with Slayer while they were testing out the fog machines, nice guys!

Best line of the night: "Poughkeepsie! Do you want to DIE?!?!?!?!?!" (Crowd cheers). Tom Araya in regular voice: "Awww, come on! No you don't!"

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I wasn't that old in 91 when I saw them. I did notice the crew wore so much hearing protection that they could not hear the mix. Granted Darien Lake was not a optimal venue back in the day. They were so loud it was painful. To compare them to Pantera who were loud live. But they sounded great. Soundgarden was in the same boat. Very loud but always sounded great.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Speaking of Dio...Black Sabbath was the first concert that I 'accidentally' took LSD at. (I thought I was taking a microdot)
It blew my little mindin (I think?) '81.
Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.
27th row.
I still remember the visuals, seeing colored waves of sound coming out of the speakers...
Black and Blue tour!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wasn't that old in 91 when I saw them. I did notice the crew wore so much hearing protection that they could not hear the mix. Granted Darien Lake was not a optimal venue back in the day. They were so loud it was painful. To compare them to Pantera who were loud live. But they sounded great. Soundgarden was in the same boat. Very loud but always sounded great.
1891?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Probably a way to inflate ticket prices, "last chance".

Tickets in Seattle for a band I saw in Virginia for $35 cost $130 to $11,000 here/now.
dave matthews band....do not believe.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I've seen Slayer 3 times. '91 clash of the titans tour with anthrax, megadeth and Alice in chains was the show. Slayer headlined, it was a full moon at an outdoor arena in orange county. What a show, I'll try to make it to the Sacramento show

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Got a SLAYER ticket today when they come back to Boise ! SLAYER, anthrax twice , kreator w/sabaton and Metallica in November. Pretty good year for metal in the potato state. Just need megadeth to come back to complete the big 4.