Quantcast

SLC Utah FR/DH scene

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
It looks as though I am going to be a new resident of the SLC area with in this next month and I want to know what the fr/dh scene is like there. If there is any!

wood-dog said:
At this time I have no idea what part of SLC I will end up in, hopefully not the ghetto side
Stay east of I-15, then. :D

Definitely check out the Avenues (if you can afford it), or Sugarhouse area. I'm east of Sugarhouse, just south of I80, in the older section of Canyon Rim. Pretty nice area. I'm a stone's throw from Tanner Park, site of some very wicked dirt jumps. It's a shame I'm not good enough to ride most of 'em. The Go-Ride guys go down there often.

I have a small group of friends that I ride FR/DH-oriented stuff with. We're a bit older (30-40), but we do what we can (or, rather, what our bodies will let us do!). I also pedal a good amount of trail to stay fit. Shoot me a PM when you get into town, and we can hook up and ride some urban up at the U until the snow melts. :) Cheers.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
SprungShoulders said:
Stay east of I-15, then. :D

Definitely check out the Avenues (if you can afford it), or Sugarhouse area. I'm east of Sugarhouse, just south of I80, in the older section of Canyon Rim. Pretty nice area. I'm a stone's throw from Tanner Park, site of some very wicked dirt jumps. It's a shame I'm not good enough to ride most of 'em. The Go-Ride guys go down there often.

I have a small group of friends that I ride FR/DH-oriented stuff with. We're a bit older (30-40), but we do what we can (or, rather, what our bodies will let us do!). I also pedal a good amount of trail to stay fit. Shoot me a PM when you get into town, and we can hook up and ride some urban up at the U until the snow melts. :) Cheers.

Sounds like you and your Budsa are right up in my age range! However, it looks as though I will NOT be moving after all, my Job will remain here in the state of Va. Thanks again for all the info guys!