Quantcast

Sleep Apnea?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, wifey had a sleep test done a month ago, as she was having problems with snoring, and never feeling like she got a good sleep. Turns out she has mid-grade sleep apnea, at one point in her study, she didn’t breathe for 17 seconds. Which is quite a lot. They are prescribing a cpap, and she’s pretty bummed about it. Any of you deal with this?
God, we are feeling old.
But the snoring was terrible...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah I did an oximiter test and a sleep study, I was dropping to the mid seventies at some points.
Tried a CPAP but the smart F&P CPAP decided to auto adjust to a really low pressure which made it worse, I got the shits and tried other avenues.

I bought a couple of oximeters coz I like science, a lower height pillow and a Snore-MD mouth guard raised the O2 levels a few points.

For some reason I can get my oxygen saturation down to 90% whilst awake.
I was setting the clinic's oximiter off before I was asleep, not really sure how it happens coz I can't hold my breath and bring it down past 96-97 but if I am relaxed it can drop for no reason. The sensor is on the finger correctly and if the level does drop breathing deeply brings it back up to 100%.

Oh, I did manage to find a use for smart watches after comparing the HR numbers to the oximiter. I noticed that my HR would climb at a steady as my oxygen dropped rate then the HR dropped off a cliff as the oxy came back up.
I'd go from high thirties HR up in to the seventies then I assume I'd wake up or gas and back to 30s again.