Quantcast

Slick Rock Trail killed me!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Just back to Salt Lake City from timing and event in Moab on Sat. Then rented a bike (Kona Dawg Deluxe) and rode the Slick Rock this morning. Very weird. I was expecting technical dirt single track...not the dotted line across the rocks. Probably not the best place for the first outdoor ride of the year for someone who only half assedly went to spin classes. It kicked my ass. And I did a $hitload of pushing too!! But it was fun and cool that I can say I rode it!!!:cool:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
right on man! was in moab a year ago and rode the hell out of slickrock! it was fun to make up lines and go exploring off the dots. Although in the back somewhere we got totally lost and confused for awhile. Next you gotta ride porcupine rim! thats a bit more tech though.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I just got back from my Moab/SLC trip yesterday. We rode Soverign. Gonna get a complete post up sometime when I am not so lazy. Kinda cold there.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
For those headed there, if you need to hit up a bike shop for anything I would recommend Poison Spider. They were very cool. I also went to Moab Cyclery and found them to have equal the personality of a doorknob.

Have fun!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i'll be there april 3-6, i can't wait. although we did rent from moab cyclery and my dad is making us take tours w/ them. anybody have any suggestions for things other than biking there?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Definately take the time and make a trip across the river to Arches National Park.
We did a Porc shuttle in the morning and Arches in the afternoon last year. Worked out great.
Rim Cyclery gets my nod. Off the beaten path, no "on the strip" hype and amazing service.
Go there if you need parts or service right away for more than fair pricing.

Miguel's Baja Grill in town for awesome Mex.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Sweet! i was out there last year around this time. i put my bike in the trailer and it was fine and pulled it out at the top were slickrock starts and my rear shock had blown out the rebound? it was weird and it was only a week old too. Welp me and Showa are gunna be there April 1-6 i will be takin pics and video cause i cant ride.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Borneo said:
Miguel's Baja Grill in town for awesome Mex.
We ate there and I was not real impressed. Maybe it was just the fish tacos...in fact I just told one of my partners of the suggestion and he chuckled. But if you go, there is a kid there named Steven; good, very personable kid; tell him the guy from the timing crew said "Hi."

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
For other stuff to do... definetly go see Arches. It was just beautiful. We didn't get a chance to see the Canyonlands but I assume that would be a fun also. I wanted to go skydiving but didn't have the time to do that either. You can kayak, take a jeep tour, or just bike some more. The only place we ate at was Zax, and if youre hungry and like pizza go there. It's 10 dollars for all you can eat.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
the mexican joint I ate at down there kicked ass. It was in an old dairy queen building. basically a taco wagon with a permanent home.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, that one's up on the other end of town and came highly recommended too.
(No booze there though...)
3.2 is still beer when there's nothing else.

We all thought Miguel's rocked. The pizza at Zax was marginial, I thought. Unless you're super hungry after that all day march in the sun!

Moab Brewery is trendy but good and the Dead Horse Ale is tasty. (Keep the glass.)

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
RideND said:
For other stuff to do... definetly go see Arches. It was just beautiful. We didn't get a chance to see the Canyonlands but I assume that would be a fun also. I wanted to go skydiving but didn't have the time to do that either. You can kayak, take a jeep tour, or just bike some more. The only place we ate at was Zax, and if youre hungry and like pizza go there. It's 10 dollars for all you can eat.
Two years ago the group i go with every year (and have for like 5 or 6 years) went to arches and did some hiking it was awesome defiantly a must see!!!:thumb: