Quantcast

Slippin' into darkness

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Skookum said:
Unless there's a reason you want them specifically on SJ, why don't you just copy your reports here in the Lounge?
One click isn't too much of a hassle. Cross-posting the whole kit and kaboodle every time is a little more labor intensive for me. Call me lazy, but it cuts into ride time.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Looks familiar. Where is that, please? You can PM me if you are one of those super secret trail cult types.

J

JRB

Maybe Ciaran will start posting the whole thing over here.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Ciaran said:
Looks familiar. Where is that, please? You can PM me if you are one of those super secret trail cult types.
Nah, it's no secret because it's virtually impossible to have a secret trail in SoCal. However, I don't make a habit of naming trails that I do write-ups on. If you've been there, or think you have, then it's probably where you think it is.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MisterClean said:
One click isn't too much of a hassle. Cross-posting the whole kit and kaboodle every time is a little more labor intensive for me. Call me lazy, but it cuts into ride time.
i won't call you lazy since it appears to me that copying and pasting takes as much effort as making a picture a link to another web site.

At any rate i'm just curious as to if you have any ties to that local website and that's why you're linking there all the time.

Personally i think as ride reports as a promotion for mt. biking in general, so to have a write up on a non local forum reaches more people.

MisterClean said:
Nah, it's no secret because it's virtually impossible to have a secret trail in SoCal. However, I don't make a habit of naming trails that I do write-ups on. If you've been there, or think you have, then it's probably where you think it is.
Again please excuse my query, as i feel you bring quite a bit of quality posting to this board. Yet i feel this stance of keeping trails on the "down low" is fairly counter-productive to promoting the recreation if information that can easily obtained by experienced riders, is not shared to the ones not in the know.

Unless a trail is illegal or on private property....

Bike Magazine i believe recently did an article on the Umpqua Trail in Oregon, naming it Trail X. i thought that was ridiculous, creating a fabricated mystique around a public trail to sell a hype rag. In my opinion this is a critical flaw if our user group selfishly holds back this kind of information, limiting the ability of our own to recreate for their lack of knowledge.

Please don't view this as an attack rather just opinions i feel fairly strongly about in concern to mt. biking which i love doing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Skookum said:
Yet i feel this stance of keeping trails on the "down low" is fairly counter-productive to promoting the recreation if information that can easily obtained by experienced riders, is not shared to the ones not in the know.

Unless a trail is illegal or on private property....

Bike Magazine i believe recently did an article on the Umpqua Trail in Oregon, naming it Trail X. i thought that was ridiculous, creating a fabricated mystique around a public trail to sell a hype rag. In my opinion this is a critical flaw if our user group selfishly holds back this kind of information, limiting the ability of our own to recreate for their lack of knowledge.

Please don't view this as an attack rather just opinions i feel fairly strongly about in concern to mt. biking which i love doing.
If anyone, anywhere, testifies to the fact that Ophir even exists, Rob Story will surely die.