Quantcast

sloooooow loading

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I can't be just me experiencing this.

Every page on the Ridemonkey forums takes about 20-25 seconds to load. This is on my home and work pc.

Every other website I view is fine.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Must be a local problem. It loads fast for me here, and at home, and via the remote desktop I just pulled up to another computer in New England.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
It is worse. Now the banner ad loads and the square ad loads then everything stops and Firefox is says the page is done loading. Hit refresh and everything loads fine.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
still the same for me, sloooow.

It seems some banner ads make it slower than others.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Very slow sometimes for me too. Too many ads loading at times? Like others said, the first pages will load normal, but the more I come on here the slower it gets during the day. I don't come here as often becuase it takes forever to load. :(

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It is worse. Now the banner ad loads and the square ad loads then everything stops and Firefox is says the page is done loading. Hit refresh and everything loads fine.
Exactly the same for me, but with IE. Has been happening for a coupla weeks. France BTW...

F5 gets it every few posts...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Guys, I've been trying to duplicate this problem for days now. Many different computers, many different operating systems, many different browsers. Logged in, logged out, everything. I can't even get the stupid thing to happen once.

Will you please post up the exact version of your browser (can find it by clicking Help, and then selecting About - in IE7, this is available under those two little >> arrows on the right hand side of the toolbar), and what kind of computer you're running - specs if you know them?

I'm wondering if it isn't a local rendering problem with the flash ads.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
No worries:

Internet Explorer 7, Version 7.0.5730.13
Computer: Dell Inspiron 6000, Windows XP Prof.

Hope it helps...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Firefox seems to be OK. Too bad I don't like it.

Opera(7.54) does pretty good but the ridemonkey banner is all hacked to pieces.

IE7(7.0.5730.13) is pretty slow.

I normally use Maxthon(1.6.4.20) which is IE based and slow too.

P4 2.8 512MB XP

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am getting this on all three of my PC's. I know its not Int speed, I have a 13.2 meg DL speed. It seems that it hangs right until the adds are done loading, then its all good.

MSN Explorer on all Pc's. Version 9.5 or newer.

Laptop. 1.79g Dual core 1 gig ram 7200 RPM raptor drive Win XP Service pack three
Wireless Connection

Oh and this was doing this before service pack three

Main Pc, 3g Dual core, 4g ram, three 10K rpm hardrives slaved as one, Nvideo 6900 Dual SLI Win XP Service pack three

Media pc, out of the box Dell I think its a 2k Dual core, with a gig of ram, 5200 rpm harddrive. Dont remember the rest. XP service pack 2

All three do the same thing, really seems its an overload of the flash adds, all other websites work just fine

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i just started having it load slow, i mean dialup slow yesterday. there have been some adds i think bog down loading. I am using an mac book pro with osx v. 10.5.4 . Surfing on firefox 3.0.1.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am using Opera and my browser is hanging on "www.google-analytics.com..."

Only happens on this site.

BV, the issue sounds like it's server side, not client side. Though client side, various browser variations may be exaserbating the issue. Or a combination with the overall issue being server side.

IMHO

Last edited:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
It's still happening for me. It takes an average of 10-15 seconds to load any page here. This is the only site it happens on.

Computer is a Dell Optiplex 745, but it's exactly the same on my other PC at home too which is completely different but still uses ie7

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
It's pretty slow for me too here at work. As someone else mentioned, the first post loads right away, but the rest of the page takes at least 10 seconds or more to load. It is definitely the ads slowing it down.

I am using Firefox 3.0.3. My computer and connection are plenty fast.

edit: This doesn't happen all the time, only for maybe 50% of the posts I go to.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Not sure if y'all did something, but it is loading a lot faster today.

*I changed my ISP a few weeks ago and thought that was it even though we increased the speed.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah there is one ad network that has been slowing things down. I removed them.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Well, it was nice while it lasted, but it is back to loading ridiculously slow again.

edit -- It seems to be computer dependent. Laptop still fast. Desktop, which I use mostly, is slow. Any thoughts?

edit ii - For some reason I never see the ads after the second post on the laptop??? They disappeared for awhile today on the desktop, but they are back.

edit iii -- Firefox shows it loading from ad.doubleclick and google-anayltics?

Last edited:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
yep, still painfully slow

so bad I don't have the patience to visit Ridemonkey forums anymore. See ya, it's been fun.

Here's my most common view these days

Attachments

Last edited: