Quantcast

Slow or Fast Rebound in a z1?

G

gravity

slower rebound = better pedaling
faster rebound = more bobbing

if you're using em for XC, i'd have it more on the slow side, cos assuming that you aren't goin to be taking any big hits and that you are using the 130mm travel mode, the fork is soft and supple enough to soak up the small hits even with heavier damping. that said, if you can adjust compression damping, that would be more beneficial that rebound adjustments.

what model Z.1 is it? with what adjustments?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I agree with Brian. For xc, I at least like my fork a little fast so that it doesn't pack up on successive bumps.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by gravity
slower rebound = better pedaling
faster rebound = more bobbing

if you're using em for XC, i'd have it more on the slow side, cos assuming that you aren't goin to be taking any big hits and that you are using the 130mm travel mode, the fork is soft and supple enough to soak up the small hits even with heavier damping. that said, if you can adjust compression damping, that would be more beneficial that rebound adjustments.

what model Z.1 is it? with what adjustments?
Its a Z1 MCR, QR. I think i may have found out the way to set it, i like it now, way nicer than before!

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I figure you want to set up any fork with as little damping, compression or rebound, that conditions allow. If where you're going has a lot of big drops or hits, you'll want more damping to control full travel you'll get. Lots of small ripplies? Lesss damping so you'll float. Standing climbing< more compression damping. Play with it and see what works for you and your conditions and what you like the fork to feel like.

The only "rule" I go by is to bottom out every now and then. That tells me I'm using my forks travel but only on the bigest hits.