Quantcast

slowwwwwww

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Just kinda wondering this forum for some reason has kinda died off and isn't as active as it used to be which sucks. Just wondering whats up with the forum being kinda dead compared to before.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I think the creation of the dcstreet website and the demise of Wintergreen has alot to do with this forum being so slow. Used to be a ton of theads just on those 2 topics. Notice that there haven't been any Shed threads lately and nothing at all about 495. I have never ridden neither place but do enjoy reading threads and looking at pics and video of those places. Won't be long and summer will be upon us. May seems to be the month of really kicking it off. Snowshoe opens then (at least they opened in May last year), the Massanutten race is on the 14th (per their website) and the U.S. Open is usually on Memorial Day weekend. Until then, ride on....

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
People still ride in the 'shed; the XC parking lot on Hamburg was overflowing this past Sunday and I saw many familiar faces throughout the day. My guess is that people are now wisely using the PM feature to circumvent snoopers who may use this site for recon on what trail to fvck up next. If you want to chat, go to the lounge. If you want to ride, PM one of the many people who do. Experience has shown that too much publicity for cool trails/features leads to their untimely demise.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
mobius said:
Just kinda wondering this forum for some reason has kinda died off and isn't as active as it used to be which sucks. Just wondering whats up with the forum being kinda dead compared to before.

could it be because you smell like hot garbage and chicken-fried rice?

i don't doubt it.not one bit.

go WANDER somewhere else SuperSpeller.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
mobius said:
Haven't even talked to his ass since early december.
LOL...and prior to that I think the last time you "talked" to his ass was during your pillow fight at Whistler. :devil:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
DamienC said:
LOL...and prior to that I think the last time you "talked" to his ass was during your pillow fight at Whistler. :devil:
Damnit had that coming after that reply. But our fight was more of a smash each other into the couch and see who's nasty arm scabs would come off first.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Yeah what happened to DBR. I pm'ed him weeks ago. you aight man ! speek up .I'm thinking about the shed this coming weekend. lemme know ( Bueller ,Bueller. class, anyone?) .PM Me .
Dunno maybe I smell bad, ok ok so I do ( like dirt) pm Me anyway.
Later E.C.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
sguhrofst8 said:
yeah, nice. i wish i was in Tahoe with 20 feet of fresh snow, but i chose to work the rest of my life. oh well.
--z--
My brother was just at Kirkwood last week. He said it was pretty dope.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Yeah well .my snow board is sitting here next to me.It's hard to ride when the snow melts as fast as they make it .I think they finaly closed the slopes last weekend here. I'd rather ride my bike anyway allthough a little variety would be nice. Tahoe would be cool but that cost money and my Daughter is going to need and education. ( so she can take care of me).
So Damien , Zach ,you guys riding this weekend. drops maybe?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
E.C. said:
Yeah well .my snow board is sitting here next to me.It's hard to ride when the snow melts as fast as they make it .I think they finaly closed the slopes last weekend here. I'd rather ride my bike anyway allthough a little variety would be nice. Tahoe would be cool but that cost money and my Daughter is going to need and education. ( so she can take care of me).
So Damien , Zach ,you guys riding this weekend. drops maybe?
there is talk about riding on sunday. some of us have still been riding regularly before EVERYTHING freezes. we've been lucky with decent temperatures lately although the forecast calls for it to get cold this weekend. Stiff spoke to DBR a few days ago and he says he'll be back to ride on sunday.

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
Not sure if I can ride, I really am aching to snowboard. so I might drive somewhere. I work Sat and have monday off for MLK day.

no worries, EC, I do spell my name w/ the 'h'

are any of you guys interested in making a trip to tahoe? i have a good hookup in reno and kirkwood. my buddy goes to school at UC Berkeley and he will meet us up there.

Yeah, Im glad DBR invited us. We just dont invite him when we go!

cool, talk to you guys later.
--z--

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
E.C. said:
I'll see if I can round up some peeps
What up, EC; I've been pounding the shed evry Sunday since befor xmas-there's a newer line at the drops I think you guys would dig... Come on down this sunday!

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
I'll be up for it this Sunday (and Saturday and Monday and then again during Thursday's Inaugurvomitation). Jeffro from C-ville is too but since he sold his truck he's also Shed access disabled.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
mobius said:
DBR has such a hard life. I thought his ass was a working man now but no hes in colorado snowboarding.
do you have something going on with his ass?

it seems you mention it quite often.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Will , sunday is tentetave right now, B.J. wont be sure if he can get away to come along untill sat. not sure if I'll make the trek alone- although that is a possibility-. I'll try to get ahold of you sat afternoon( if you want to PM me you didgets, that would be cool).
Racer X , If you want more insite into whats up with mobius and Dan's ass refer to the thread intitled" ha ha the RT" oh and rumor has it that they were spoted in whistler in a hot tub together.( NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT) HA HA LOL HE HE , sorry could'nt resist. I'll bet Damian has pic's.
Later E.C. AKA full on fool

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, it is kinda dead in here, and yeah, it may have to with with MrBig leaving, now there is not such an easy target to make fun of. I mean really, how many times can you make jokes about me falling? :D

Also, all of the DC street people have vanished off of here, they are all over there.

Also, Shifty and I stopped our post whoring war a loooooong time ago :devil:

And I would love to ride the shed this weekend, but 1. I'm in Richmond, and 2. The shed has started to scare the sh!t out of me

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
And I would love to ride the shed this weekend, but 1. I'm in Richmond, and 2. The shed has started to scare the sh!t out of me
come on now... don't tell me your p*ssy hurts! ;)

3 is a charm, you should be good to go for some shed riding!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
hah check the pics EC i'm not in the hut tub pic. I hid for that specific reason when the girls attacked with cameras to take pics of all of the guys in there.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
whale said:
come on now... don't tell me your p*ssy hurts! ;)

3 is a charm, you should be good to go for some shed riding!
Yes, my p*ssy does hurt. And a shop vac aint gonna fix it!

Nah, i'll get up there again eventually. to tell you the truth, I havent been on my big bike since I broke my nose :eek: