Quantcast

SLX Brakes

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
they are sexy. I will know more about them trail wise tomrorow. Basically they are XT without the pad adjustment but still have level adjustment. I am happy withmy SLX so far for what its worth.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Mike,
I LOVED em. I can't think of anything about to even pick at. They just worked like a brake should. Once I got the levers to where I like my brakes to engage and the pads wore in a bit they just worked... Did not have to even think about them, they just did what they were supposed to do, did not load up or heat up to much that they stopped working (aka hayes) I am super happy with them. I use my brakes to much so I should know haha!

The rear brake cable needs to be shortened on my bike for proper length but that is not a complaint at all, better then being to short. Worked just fine but had a bigger loop then it needed infront of the bars. Really easy fix. I say go for it!

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
in case anyone cares, the SLX are nice. Modulate very well, one finger is all you need and they set up super simple out of the box (took all of 15 minutes to swap the old avids out and I was ready to ride). the levers are a bit long in my opinion so they are sitting on the inside of my shifters which is the revers of the way the avids were set up.

All in all great value so far.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
always a satisfied customer when dealing with you guys....wait that come out wrong, I mean sounded bad, I mean....

Just kidding, they are great, sorry I missed yesterday ride, saturday's ride did not go exactly as planned....