Quantcast

Small Parts Exchange

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
We bikers are always getting reamed for small parts like brake adapters etc.
So I set up a thread where everyone can meet up to sell or exchange small parts without having to spend a whole bunch on shipping etc.

I need a rear 8" hayes or Avid 203mm IS to 74mm PM adapter. Who's got one near vashon?
I can trade v-brakes, pedal cleats, old shoes, one wellgo clipless pedal and a matching spindle with no body. ask me about other stuff. :thumb:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Funny, I was reminiscing w/ my buddy out there today about how my brakes have progressed as I have. Started on canti's, then V's and then disc. Started on reg. pedals w/ the straps, to the clipless - then the caged clipless and finally flats.

My roomie has been trying to practically give away a rear 9-sp wheel w/o disc hub. I think $20 and it's still a virgin.:o:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Yeknomedir said:
Yeah they tried to charge a friend of mine $45 for a pair of brake pads...

You might as well bring an extra bike with you to Whistler for spare parts, because if you pay their prices you basically will have one.

Luckily ive made 3 trips up there and have come out clean. I did start the day yesterday with my pedal coming off the spindle as i was crossing the road into the village, but 10 minutes later i had it fixed. I didnt want to have to ride clipless (my spares) or pay a bunch for whistler prices...

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
can we extend this thread to other things???

i wanna sell my dirtbike helmet (used 3x, xtra small) and i need a t.v., anyone want to sell me one cheap?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We almost need a sticky for a local buy and sell. I think it would be useful. Not everyone looks at the other forums (and B&S has so many sub forums now). You could post links to e-bay, other buy and sells, or post adds for things you need. anyone else think this might be usefull?

oly said:
We almost need a sticky for a local buy and sell. I think it would be useful. Not everyone looks at the other forums (and B&S has so many sub forums now). You could post links to e-bay, other buy and sells, or post adds for things you need. anyone else think this might be usefull?
Yeah like buying this demo 9 brand new unseen, it's rather nerve racking.