Quantcast

Small parts online?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The only cycling related casualty (Other than me getting smoked by some locals in a group ride last week...) of mymove to Germany was the adjuster barrel on the rear derailer of my Altitude 70...anyone have a good online source for small aprts like that? Jenson has pissed me off for the last (maybe...) time, and a qucik search of some other places has revealed nothing...anyone have a clue? Hook a brother up?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Take a picture of it. I have about 20 from various Shimano ders, andI can probably send you some.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Most of my spares are older than that, but I'd assume a barrell adjuster doesn't change that much

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You going to send me your addy? I have a bunch of these in a padded envelope for you.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I've watched a guy at my old shop rebuild an entire Mr. Dirt chaingude with pieces from an old Altus (sp?) derailleur pulley system. The bin of used derailleur parts looked like crap to me, but it was his metric system parts source.

You need a different LBS. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Seriously. The shops I've worked at had a rule that you scavengered broken parts for things like bolts and pulleys before they went in the trash.
That's why I have as many small parts as I do. Scavenge before you dispose.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Haha I have 5 16 gallon bins of bike stuff. I bought 4 folding tables from a church that closed just to sort the stuff out on. Currently I have most of it spread out in some OCD pattern that apparently only makes sense to me on 2 of the tables in the garage. I plan to do the same in the basement after it is done being a recording studio.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I need to hear some of these recordings...
I can send you the share holders meeting audio I am working on for tomorrow. The CFO was smoking hot and has a hot voice to boot. The Q & A session is quite shocking. Rich old people ask some pretty riveting questions.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I dumped almost all my spare stuff prior to my move...and yep, there was not 1 but 2 rear derailleurs in that dump. Shouldacouldawoulda...

Gave a bunch of chainrings, rear cogs and old chains to an artist guy I know, sent old tubes to be recycled, Ebayed some stuff...purging feels good sometimes. And then you get caught with your pants around your ankles.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I can send you the share holders meeting audio I am working on for tomorrow. The CFO was smoking hot and has a hot voice to boot. The Q & A session is quite shocking. Rich old people ask some pretty riveting questions.
i was thinking more along these lines: