Quantcast

Small rant

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
And FYI - you gotta watch out for heavy metals and other pollutants if you eat a lot of fish. Occasional fish is cool – but if it is your main source… watch it.

Scary things that I have found while going vegan for about a year (travel too much now to be able to pull it off anymore so I am just a vegetarian now) is that a lot of the food you think is better, is just as bad.

Look at the E-coli outbreaks on spinach etc. The mass produced vegetables are grown in the fertilizer they got from the rioded up cows, then they spray them down with chemicals to keep off the bugs. Not to mention the ones that they genetically alter…

Better option is to just do only organics - including meats for all you carnivores out there!

It’s pretty F’ing scary what we are doing to ourselves so that someone can make a higher profit margin…
Exactly. Its a lot more complex than selecting this or that diet and its a huge challenge to avoid questionable food ingredients found in most processed foods. Its all a big experiment on a huge scale and it will take decades to find out what the results are.

It would be interesting to look at studies that can accurately measure quality of life in the later years because people are still living longer on average.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
hey T.J.
next time you're around, look me up.
i'll take ya to hardees and you can watch me slam a monster thick burger. :):)

hey joey, im planning on coming down as soon as i get a weekend off from racing. sounds like the rock has changed alot since last time i was down there. wanting to come check it out. since there is prob no way in hell i could ride it anymore i might just play shuttle bitch