Quantcast

Small Smart Phones

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was thinking of asking of the Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas... precisely for the reasons Sandwish mentions. I Strava my rides, but mostly only because I bring my phone with me anyways in case my wife calls for an emergency. I hate having to stop and pull out my phone anytime it beeps to let me know a family member has sent me a message (only family members make a sound on my phone). It doesn't happen often, but it's still a pain. Usually it's my mom. Plus, I'm honestly curious about how much exercise I actually get on my commute...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I am thinking of getting a smarts watch for the same reasons too. Love to be able to get more away from the phone.
The lizards have won.

Want smaller phone.

Solution, add watch.

Now two things to keep up to date and eventually replace.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Until the batteries become good enough not to require ridiculous trade-offs, the smartwatches are a joke. I have been playing with an inexpensive kickstarter one and the Wear ecosystem is incredibly immature, think Android 1.1.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Until the batteries become good enough not to require ridiculous trade-offs, the smartwatches are a joke. I have been playing with an inexpensive kickstarter one and the Wear ecosystem is incredibly immature, think Android 1.1.
my garmin vivoactive HR has some basic smart features (email, fb, sms indicatiors with preview, music controls) and a charge lasts a week.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The regular fenix5 is 47mm in diameter, the 5s is 42 but has the same functions. The fenix 5x is bigger due to its integrated maps.

From left. Applewatch, fenix3, fenix5, forerunner 935
The fenix5 is definitely not small. But it is the most complete smartwatch for sports right now. A few friends of mine have and love them. Well, they have to, that thing costs like 700€ around here.

I would probably go with the 5s as it has the same functions in a smaller package.

Last edited: