Quantcast

Small work stand with dub crankset?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We've a couple of the Scorpion/Feedback stands in our house for the quick prep you do before going on a ride. Plus we always take one with us on trips.

New bike has a dub crankset, so the spindle on the Scorpion can't fit from either side. Does anyone know of a different small stand "DUB" compatible somehow, that elevates the rear wheel so you can pedal the cranks to work on the bike?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That could work, but looks like it wouldn't get past the suspension linkage parts in front of the BB. Reviews sound like the hook can only accomodate 2" wide downtubes too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is the end of the scorpion rack solid or a tube? Could break out the trusty angle grinder and make it smaller.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Is the end of the scorpion rack solid or a tube? Could break out the trusty angle grinder and make it smaller.
It actually comes with a couple of different sized rollers - I dug them out and the smallest is still too phat. Both ends of the DUB crank spindle have hex head "endcaps", there's no longer just an open end for the stand spindle to slide into. even if I took the spindle off I'd end up with all the weight resting on the spindle "endcaps" - which doesn't sound like a good idea with a heavy DH bike.

Silly DUB.

I hadn't paid attention to the problem when my wife's road bike with DUB cranks no longer worked with the stands. But now my shiny new DH bike doesn't work with them...

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It actually comes with a couple of different sized rollers - I dug them out and the smallest is still too phat. Both ends of the DUB crank spindle have hex head "endcaps", there's no longer just an open end for the stand spindle to slide into. even if I took the spindle off I'd end up with all the weight resting on the spindle "endcaps" - which doesn't sound like a good idea with a heavy DH bike.

Silly DUB.

I hadn't paid attention to the problem when my wife's road bike with DUB cranks no longer worked with the stands. But now my shiny new DH bike doesn't work with them...
Cut it off and weld on a new thinner shaft? Champery opens this weekend. I’ll do it for you if you come for some bike park laps?