Quantcast

SMBA's 1st Annual M.U.D. Ride 5/22 @ 10am!! :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Click here to view the M.U.D. Flyer!!!

On Sunday May 22nd the Saratoga Mountain Bike Association (SMBA) will be hosting its First Annual Mix Up the Dirt Ride. This rain-or-shine event starts at 10am and will be held at the SMBA trails located at the intersection of Daniels Road and Clinton Ave in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Both SMBA members and non-members are welcome - non-members, we hope you will have a great time and decide to join! Riders please come early to register and socialize. The day-long event will start with a guided ride arranged into volunteer-led groups for all skill levels and ages. Each ride will last about 2 hours and helmets are required. :dancing:

After the ride there will be a BBQ – we only ask that if you intend to participate in the BBQ, you please bring along either a contribution to the food supply or $5 to defray the cost of feeding the many undoubtedly famished riders. Also, we will be having a Silent Auction featuring product donated by Maxxis, Panaracer, Planet Bike, Titec, Vetta, Verge Clothing and now Soul Cycles!!!. :eek:

SMBA is a non-profit organization responsible for maintaining trails located just north of Skidmore College. Members maintain a 538 acre tract of land which happens to hold some of the most versatile and fun mountain biking terrain in all of northeastern New York. We are a member supported club with annual dues of $35 a year for individual members or $50 for families. Dues go directly to paying for the lease for the land, insurance, and IMBA and USA Cycling Dues.

Bring your riding friend and family to enjoy a wonderful day of riding with a great group of people. This ride is guaranteed to be better than last years! :D

Mix Up the Dirt is being brought to you by the SMBA in partnership with the New York Bicycle Coalition, a statewide organization which lobbies to increase bike awareness and promote bicycle access and safety for riders of all types. :thumb:

If you would like to attend the event or are interested in more information, please call 518-788-0847 or email smba@saratogamtb.org with your RSVP or questions. For more information about the club visit www.saratogamtb.org

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
*That's Treesaw in both the pics. :D
:D I posted one at each of my schools and one of my students told me I was mad cool...maybe I'll have to offer up some autographs for monkey's who cme (LOL) :sneaky:

Have you seen the membership flyer/cards? I'm on the front, the maintenance crew is on the back (Sq-Earl's cutting my head in half with a chainsaw) and Douglas is also on the back (hope he doesn't mind that I submitted some photos) :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
:D I posted one at each of my schools and one of my students told me I was mad cool...maybe I'll have to offer up some autographs for monkey's who cme (LOL) :sneaky:

Have you seen the membership flyer/cards? I'm on the front, the maintenance crew is on the back (Sq-Earl's cutting my head in half with a chainsaw) and Douglas is also on the back (hope he doesn't mind that I submitted some photos) :devil:

HEY!

can I see one of those?

and does that mean I get free membership ? :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Sure...I'll save you one (it's one of the pics from Spier where you're going down a rock with roots that I posted here).

Doubt it on the free membership though ;)

yeah that would be cool if you saved me one

(and I was just kidding on the free membership)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
and to think I was going to tell you about all of the short cuts at Dalton, oh well - too bad for you ! :eviltongu

:D
Short cuts huh? :think: Perhaps I can get some MORE shots of you up on the site? How's a full page spread sound? 8 x 10 perhaps? :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Short cuts huh? :think: Perhaps I can get some MORE shots of you up on the site? How a full page spread sound? 8 x 10 perhaps? :D
if you can you photoshop a few super hot mudhunnies next to me, we just might have a deal ! :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MudGrrl said:
Hey y'all!

I'm sendin' my brother out there on the 22nd (he lives in Ballston Spa)

Don't scare him too much :)

-Mud
Sweet! What's his name and what's he riding? We'll treat him like family! :thumb: