Quantcast

SMC Barricade 4-port router...anyone use it?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
need to get a wired router for the new apartment. all i've ever seen is the Linksys something-or-other. the Barricade gets better ratings on CNET (user and editor). just curious if any of you guys have experience with it.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
the Inbred said:
need to get a wired router for the new apartment. all i've ever seen is the Linksys something-or-other. the Barricade gets better ratings on CNET (user and editor). just curious if any of you guys have experience with it.
no. mostly i've used Linksys and Netgear. it's all more or less the same.

are you trying to do anything fancy with this gear? or are you just looking to keep the home network safe from outside attack?

-pigboy

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
nothing fancy. just hooking up my computer and my girlfriends to the local cable internet. not worrying about wireless now, as neither my comp, nor her's, are wireless compatible.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have one that I have been using for the last 4 years or so. Works flawlessly. I run my cable modem into the router which then goes into a Cisco switch (I have more than 4 network devices). Good router IMO. Mine has a built in print server which is nice. (I have the printer on the switch/IP now though.)