Quantcast

Smith Elite Goggles

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Not sure why you would want these over MX goggles.
so i could get the RX addition instead of having to wear goggles over my glasses. i hate having the glasses under the goggles pressed against the bridge of my nose, then when i take my helmet off on the lift, I need to take the goggles off, then the glasses, then the helmet. it isn't a big deal, but it is a pain in the butt. i think those would also have a bit better range of vision.

what color frames would you use for urban camo in West Hollywood? i don't see sparkle pink as an option.
i've got a can of my own. i'd bedazzle the strap too :weee:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
so i could get the RX addition instead of having to wear goggles over my glasses. i hate having the glasses under the goggles pressed against the bridge of my nose, then when i take my helmet off on the lift, I need to take the goggles off, then the glasses, then the helmet. it isn't a big deal, but it is a pain in the butt. i think those would also have a bit better range of vision.

i've got a can of my own. i'd bedazzle the strap too :weee:
Looking at the RX system, it appears they would probably work with most smith goggles

https://elite.smithoptics.com/rx.html

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Looking at the RX system, it appears they would probably work with most smith goggles

https://elite.smithoptics.com/rx.html
yup, that is the same link in my original post. i'm diggin the goggles because they work with that system. that system is not advertised as working with their other goggles. also, the standard (non-elite) goggles have an RX mount, but only works with the snow goggles, not the MX. poop.

shizzle, just found these guys
http://www.888rxgoggles.com/compatibility.html

Thank you google.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Didn't think about the RX insert...

Not to be a prick, but have you thought about contacts? My eyesight is bad, but I can just skirt by without lenses for DH. In the past I wanted to get MX OTG goggles, but they are impossible to find. I wound up just sucking it up and going without, since at the time I couldn't/didn't want to afford contacts. I suppose that's what I should do, but I figure I'll save that money and put it towards laser surgery.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Didn't think about the RX insert...

Not to be a prick, but have you thought about contacts? My eyesight is bad, but I can just skirt by without lenses for DH. In the past I wanted to get MX OTG goggles, but they are impossible to find. I wound up just sucking it up and going without, since at the time I couldn't/didn't want to afford contacts. I suppose that's what I should do, but I figure I'll save that money and put it towards laser surgery.
My eyesight is horrible, I wear contacts when I ride. Absolutely WORST thing ever, especially for racing.

I had a contact start to fall out on the Blast the Mass race this summer causing me to crash in the high speed section at the top on my race run. So pissed. I've had a lot of major crashes due to my contacts starting to blur or fall out. I always forget to blink and thus the contact dries up and when I do blink it starts to make it fall out.

My friend's dad races in the Baja and uses one of the insert systems like that 888rxgoggles.com thing, he swears by them, even called me a "moron" for riding while wearing contacts.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
My eyesight is horrible, I wear contacts when I ride. Absolutely WORST thing ever, especially for racing.

Hmm, been wearing contacts while riding ever since I started riding, even with my bad astigmatism, never ever been a problem. Try new contacts? Maybe you should find one for your eyes that don't dry up so fast. I mean don't get me wrong, after a day or riding and getting dust and sweat and dirt in my eyes the contacts don't feel good in my eyes. But I can still see fine and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've ever had a contact fall out (and never once while riding).

Last edited:

godfather

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
Check out the Smith snow goggles more closely. Many of their "snow" and "mx" frames share lenses, so if there is a frame you like that works with the rx insert, there is probably an mx lens range for it.