Quantcast

smokers suck.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's a dip sh.. who lives in the apt. bldg next to mine that always flips his butts out and around his patio, making the place look like white trash acres.

now the idiot flipped one out into the fresh mulch just layed down last week, it sat and smoldered and now that half of the building is on fire.

he now has three people who live in his building who are stuck out in the parking lot who are going to beat his @$$ when he gets home.

this should be good. :hot:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
my buddy told me this one:

Go up to a smoker and say, "You're not smoking". The smoker might ignore you or give you the "Huh?". Say it again until he/she asks you what you mean.

You then say, "You're not smoking, the cigarette is smoking,"

"You're just the SUCKER!"

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the manger just called him at work.
he's on his way.

i don't have a video camera.
and it just might not be the time to start askin those stuck outside for one.

oh. b.t.w.
911 had a pre-recorded message that said, "your call is important to us. please remain on hold".

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dhbuilder said:
there's a dip sh.. who lives in the apt. bldg next to mine that always flips his butts out and around his patio, making the place look like white trash acres.

now the idiot flipped one out into the fresh mulch just layed down last week, it sat and smoldered and now that half of the building is on fire.

he now has three people who live in his building who are stuck out in the parking lot who are going to beat his @$$ when he gets home.

this should be good. :hot:
At least take pictures.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I hope everybody is all right. I just read yesterday on theTruth.com that "Cigarettes and cigarette smoking materials are the number one cause of fire deaths in the U.S."

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Colorado just banned cigarette smoking in all bars and restaurants. I went to a bar last night and have to say I *approve*! :D
We've been like that for years (I think outside might still have it) but I don't eat at enough places to tell you the truth on it. THANK GOD that they did this!

Smoking is about as nasty of a habbit that you can develop. I dunno how/why people get into it in the first place. Plus all the health effects it has on you and every person around you. I guess people just don't care though.....

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
What a cad. At least some of them are polite enough to spark the fire by falling asleep while smoking, so at least they are present when the couch or mattress ignites and starts puking fumes and flames.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I don't smoke anymore but I think that banning smoking in privately owned businesses is a bad move. I think it should be up to the business owners to decide. And not have the government infringe on thier rights.

Then it would be up to the customers to make the ultimate decision and vote with their wallets so to speak.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Tenchiro said:
I don't smoke anymore but I think that banning smoking in privately owned businesses is a bad move. I think it should be up to the business owners to decide. And not have the government infringe on thier rights.

Then it would be up to the customers to make the ultimate decision and vote with their wallets so to speak.
Agreed.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Tenchiro said:

Theoretically I agree. But it sure was nice to go have a beer and not have the place be a haze of cancer.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tenchiro said:

I also agree. Eventually non-smoking bars would open up to that non smoking money.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
SkaredShtles said:
Theoretically I agree. But it sure was nice to go have a beer and not have the place be a haze of cancer.
Around here there (before they banned it) we had both. Smokers went to their place and we went to ours. Now there are smokers outside every bar...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
that's it.
i'm going out to get at least a still camera.

the bone head drives up, gets out of his car with an un lit cig. hangin off his lip.
fire trucks and firemen are all around.
tracy the maint. man walks up to him and gives him a little w.t.f.

he starts sayin, "it wasn't me. it couldn't have been me."(he's the only smoker in the bldg.)
he goes to light the cig. and his rather large upstairs neighbor, lifts him off the ground by his collar and rips it from his mouth and says, " if i even smell a cigarrette around here from now on, i'm gonna bust your door down and kick your @$$. even if you're not the one smokin it".

the kid ran for his life into the mangers office.

i wanted to see broken bones.

but hey.
once all the cops and firemen are gone.
he's gonna have to sneak home sooner or later.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
The same thing happened when I hosted a little poker party a couple of weeks ago. I didn't smell it until the next morning when I looked down over my balcony to see a big black smoldering spot in the beauty bark. Apparently one of my smoking friends flicked it. I did a bucket brigade until it was out but man that was scary.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Tenchiro said:
Around here there (before they banned it) we had both. Smokers went to their place and we went to ours. Now there are smokers outside every bar...
Yeah - but the best pub in town allowed it.

Of course they might see a drop in business now and start to skimp on the brewing and not be the best pub anymore.

Hmmmm........ life is so complicated.

:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Colorado just banned cigarette smoking in all bars and restaurants. I went to a bar last night and have to say I *approve*! :D
jesus, even ireland beat you to that particular statute. i thought colorado was hippie-ville?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Bullitrider said:
The same thing happened when I hosted a little poker party a couple of weeks ago. I didn't smell it until the next morning when I looked down over my balcony to see a big black smoldering spot in the beauty bark. Apparently one of my smoking friends flicked it. I did a bucket brigade until it was out but man that was scary.

yeah. apparantly this one had been smoldering since early this morning.
one of the ladies who lives in the building said she thought she smelled smoke early this morning around 7am.

and now i smell like a burnt building cause i ran up on the second and third floors beating on doors.

but it's cool. no body was hurt. and minimal fire damage just to the wing walls that support the three patios.
and the kids tryin to figure out how to outwait his pi..ed off neighbors so he can go inside.

but hey. howabout floyd landis today ?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
I hope everybody is all right. I just read yesterday on Truth.com that "Cigarettes and cigarette smoking materials are the number one cause of fire deaths in the U.S."
My grandfather proved that to be true. He dumped hot ashes in the trash can, then fell asleep on the couch, and set his house on fire. The only thing that saved him from burning up with the house was that he had metal cabinetry in the kitchen. He was lucky he didn't die of smoke inhalation. I was there right after the fire, and had never seen/smelled anything so disgusting! Smoke damage can be insane. :hot:

bad mechanic

Chimp
Jun 26, 2002
Tenchiro said:

It goes along the same lines as banning smoking in office buildings, which I haven't heard anyone have a problem with.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
yeah. apparantly this one had been smoldering since early this morning.
one of the ladies who lives in the building said she thought she smelled smoke early this morning around 7am.

and now i smell like a burnt building cause i ran up on the second and third floors beating on doors.

but it's cool. no body was hurt. and minimal fire damage just to the wing walls that support the three patios.
and the kids tryin to figure out how to outwait his pi..ed off neighbors so he can go inside.

but hey. howabout floyd landis today ?

Back in school, some ditsy chick left a candle burning in the apt that backed up to mine. The building was old and not up to code and in this case ment everyone on the 3rd and 4th floors couldn't come down the stairs - becuase the ground apt was the one burning. It was kind of cool watching the fire dudes in action saving these cute, 20 something girls in their pj's. It didn't jump over to my building luckly. But, the neighborhood is old and mostly wood frame housing converted to apts. Usually 2-3 burn each semester and new, cookie cutter condos go up in their place.

But, I think the bigger issue is that your not on that damn mountain. Instead your inside on the computer. You've changed man, you've changed.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's a couple of extremely fine ladies that live in that building.
too bad they were at work.
or i'd have saved them:).

and rattlesnakes and poison ivey keep me off the mt. this time of year.
except when it just has to be weedeated.

we gotta whole new ridgeline that's been givin to us on our eastern border.
i never wish away the riding season. but i'm as fired up as ever to get over on that new land this fall.
we walked a small section of it earlier this year, and i think i've found another rockgarden that'll rival "southernrocks".

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
bad mechanic said:
It goes along the same lines as banning smoking in office buildings, which I haven't heard anyone have a problem with.
I think the main difference is that people HAVE to go to work for 40+ hours a week but nobody has to go out to eat and when they do the amount of time spent is very minimal.

But you do have a point.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
there's a couple of extremely fine ladies that live in that building.
too bad they were at work.
or i'd have saved them:).

and rattlesnakes and poison ivey keep me off the mt. this time of year.
except when it just has to be weedeated.

we gotta whole new ridgeline that's been givin to us on our eastern border.
i never wish away the riding season. but i'm as fired up as ever to get over on that new land this fall.
we walked a small section of it earlier this year, and i think i've found another rockgarden that'll rival "southernrocks".

Far out man! I get confused on my location in this state and get turned around 90 degrees from where I am, but is this section on the other side of the creek? I remember that little shoot off by jawbone that forded the creek and rocketed down that loooooooose section down to the upper lot. Is it looking over there or the other side and maybe finishing up around GT trail? Either way, you've got more trails than you can shake a stick at. Hell, I stil remember when ya'll found the trail 2 rock garded all those years ago. Just being on that in the winter trying to clear an exit and wondering how the hell we would even get down it.

And I hear you about the posion ivy. I've been swimming in it w/ my stihl ms310 all week....but tomorrow I get my bushhog back! Time to add yet another salt ring to my hat.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
when you're standing in the parking lot looking up into our valley, it's the massive ridgeline to the right.
it's on your left as you're coming down the jawbone trail.

you haven't seen our 40' roadgap jump yet.
i think were going to have to replicate a jump like that over the big creek that runs down the middle of our valley to tie in any new trails over there into our exit route.

oh yeah. it's gonna be good !!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Salami said:
Yeap. Joey get some pictures!!!! Especially of him getting his ass kicked. No faces except his though.
the chump got endless verbal abuse.

and don't think my smart@$$ mouth won't be givin him grief everytime i walk past.
he sits out there on his patio and smokes all the time.
although now he doesn't have a patio anymore.

i'd be willing to bet his days are numbered around here.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I had to aid in putting out a mulch fire caused by cigarette butts in front of the social security office once. People just kept walking by like the flower bed wasn't on fire. Finally I had to go in and find the security guard and a fire extinguisher because I couldn't find enough non mulch dirt to kill the flames. I would have let the place burn down but I was trying to get a new card and really didn't want to have to come back after they rebuilt.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
laura said:
I had to aid in putting out a mulch fire caused by cigarette butts in front of the social security office once. People just kept walking by like the flower bed wasn't on fire. Finally I had to go in and find the security guard and a fire extinguisher because I couldn't find enough non mulch dirt to kill the flames. I would have let the place burn down but I was trying to get a new card and really didn't want to have to come back after they rebuilt.
i can just see that.
"hey, i just saved your building from going up in flames. now let's cut the red tape and gimme a card !!"

i just put a bid in on rebuilding the damage.
and seeing as how my office and workshop are on the grounds, and can walk to work.
this may be some relatively easy $$$.