Quantcast

Snacks

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pieces of Feta Cheese soaked in lemon juice and fresh chopped parsley. Little tiny pickles from the chinese market. And a shitload of different olives from the grocery store. Crappy old cashews from the bulk foods.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A cube of Provolone. A Banana Pepper. A Green Olive, and a cube of Hot Soppreseta. Stab it with a knife and savor the combined deliciousness.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
when I was a kid my dad used to slice up some colby jack cheese, cut plain old bread into 4 pieces, set cheese on bread, put on cookie sheet, put in toaster oven or normal oven on broil, melt cheese, simple and yummy, not super healthy.

Add a little of that olive oil/seasonings stuff that the olive garden type restaurants bring you for your bread, makes it more yummy.

snacks, sometimes not to be over thought.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bisquick Dumplings and Chicken in the Pot. Peas, carrrots, baby onions, leftover Salt Tators. Parsley and moar Onion. Almost ready.

I fucked up something. It was awful. You know how stuff is sometimes better as a leftover. Not this time. Omit Parsley next time.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Apple tarts with cheddar and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Very Brandied Pear tarts with Caramel cream cheese and figs. Oh My!

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Make a gallon or 3 liter of onion soup. Super easy to do. Look it up on the internet. Guerye cheese grated. Crustine, just a stale baguette chopped and re baked with olive oil and very finely chopped garlic. I place a sardine fillet on top after I hit the cheese up with a torch. Always awesome.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Grilled Poppy seed roll. Big slab of Red Onion. Liverwurst or Brunswiek if your dutch or danish. Muenster cheese (big ass thick slice is necessary) and very coarse grained mustard. To make the texture of the meat better mash it with a fork. Serve it with a Stella Artios. Chips and mayo for the real deal.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Jalapeno cheddar dip.

A block of cream cheese (cheap kind). A dab of bacon grease (1/2 tbls trust me on this). A cup of the sharpest cheddar you can find shredded. About 3 Jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped. Mash the whole mess up in a big bowl. I use a fork. Kind of fluff it up. Serve on triscuits with celery tops or chopped green onions.

Warning if you infuse this with THC butter it is a good idea to keep track of your guests triscuits.

Malbec

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Heat Fresh Peanut oil until slightly smoking. Add some bacon grease to cool it. Mandolin 5 large Potatoes into the Oil. Be careful as they will loudly splatter. Put a slab/slice of Floured Red Onion in the Oil. Fry until brown. Sea Salt the chips and chop then fried onion into 2/3 cup of mayo for dipping.

Caramel Porter

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Freeze a opened can of Corned Beef Hash. Slice into 1/2 inch slabs frozen. Use a slight amount of Season Salt on each side. Let them fully thaw. In a Iron skillet melt some butter and fry them up. Serve as a appetizer or serve between fried Green Tomato with piccalili.

Brandy or a Port....

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Jalapeno cheddar dip.

A block of cream cheese (cheap kind). A dab of bacon grease (1/2 tbls trust me on this). A cup of the sharpest cheddar you can find shredded. About 3 Jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped. Mash the whole mess up in a big bowl. I use a fork. Kind of fluff it up. Serve on triscuits with celery tops or chopped green onions.

Warning if you infuse this with THC butter it is a good idea to keep track of your guests triscuits.

Malbec
I tried this one out tonight since I'm a sucker for jalapeños and spicy food in general. It was really tasty:
image.jpeg

Added back in some of the jalepeno's seed membrane for more heat. It worked, but now i have it burning half way down to my chin and up one nostril hahaha

Looking forward to trying other snacks in this thread :cheers:
Thanks!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I tried this one out tonight since I'm a sucker for jalapeños and spicy food in general. It was really tasty:
View attachment 121026

Added back in some of the jalepeno's seed membrane for more heat. It worked, but now i have it burning half way down to my chin and up one nostril hahaha

Looking forward to trying other snacks in this thread :cheers:
Thanks!
Your Welcome. Celery tops are the leafy part top part everyone throws them away.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mash a 1/2 block of cream cheese. Whip it. Whip it good. Add a cup of sour cream and finely minced red onion. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Add 1/2 package of Knorr Vegetable soup in the morning (49cents at Aldis). Stir well or whip it with a fork. Let it sit for a few in the fridge. Serve cold with veggies, crackers, or chips. Cut a sweet pepper flat. Apply spread, roll up and slice into pinwheels.

Goes well melted on London Broil sliders. Guerye cheese on top...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Chicken wings. In a big pot of boiling oil 2qts in a 4 qt pot or large dutch oven. Cook some disjointed wing sections 12 flat and 12 drummies. (375 med hi for 13 minutes). Pull wings out of the oil and let them sit a moment. Drop them back in for 6 minutes. Pull them out and towel them for 6 minutes or until they stop cooking. Mix 1 8oz bottle of franks Hot sauce and 3/4 a stick of butter into a large sauce pan. Melt and mix the wing sauce. Throw the slightly cooled wing into the sauce pan. Coat liberally. That is the basic recipe for actual buffalo wings like they do in bars in Buffalo NY. Were wings are always Hot and beer is rather flavorless and cheap.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Coarse ground top round. complimented with backfat. For every pound of red add a 1/2 of fat. Grind your own. I cannot explain why you should own a Cleaver. Get real cheese, peppers and shrooms.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Jim Jim Lettuce Wraps

Coarse ground Chicken 3/4 - 1 lb
Radishes 4 julianned or chopped in slivers
Green onions a bunch finely chopped
Shredded carrots 2
Cucumber 1 large or 2 small cut into long strips
White Onion 1/2 finely chopped
Red pepper 1/2 julianed
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Soy Sauce 1/2 cup
Chili paste 1/2tbsp
Hoison 2tbsp
Peanuts crushed 1/2 cup
Lettuce leaves. Go to town lettuce makes everything good.
Rice Wine 2 tbsp

In a Pan gently brown the chicken, along with the half the onion. Add the red pepper about mid way. As it is finishing up add the soy sauce, rice wine, chili paste, pepper, salt, hoison, and peanuts. Stir well and let stand covered 5 minutes. Take a lettuce leave fill it with the chicken add all the rest of the veggies inside the leave. For effect I serve the filling in a covered bowl and place it in the center of a large platter with all the veggies. I bring it out steaming. Always a winner. Serves 8 a snack portion. A little chili paste goes a long way... $5/serving if all the ingredients must be purchased. Kids always love these.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Herring and Onions.
A Jar of pickled Herring.
Sour cream
Red Onion.
Grated Horseradish root.
Toasted crusty Bread.
Pepper.
If your brave some soft warm Limburger Cheese
Lemon has adds a nice flavor to finish.

In a oven toast some slices of bread. Layer of onion, sour cream, onion, Herring/ Mush some sour cream, horseradich, and cheese on top of the herring. Pepper to taste (I like a lot).

Schnapps, Brandy, or Cognac

Pilsner

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Crackers and Cheese. They make a bunch of different kinds of each. Plain old Triscuits are always good. Heluva good Haberno pepper cheese another good choice....

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Crackers and Cheese. They make a bunch of different kinds of each. Plain old Triscuits are always good. Heluva good Haberno pepper cheese another good choice....
Tillamook makes a killer habanero pepper jack- so good!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cook a meatloaf. What ever recipe you might favor. Let it cool. Slice it up and grill it in a skillet sliced up. Serve on Kings Hawaiian rolls like a open faced sammich. Beef/Mushroom Marsala Gravy Ketchup cheddar cheese sauce. Which ever you might prefer.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pumpkin Seeds

Spread Butter or Sesame oil on to a baking pan and and gut a pumpkin. Cut the top off and empty the seeds into a strainer. Rinse and clean them in cold water. Spread them out over the baking pan dryed off. Spread flake sea salt over them and bake @ 350 for ten minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy... Dogs and Pigs will eat pumpkin like food. Curried and candied Pumpkin is also good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Jimmydean Turkey Sausage (I know it comes in a box frozen). 1 pound of bacon cooked crispy. A link of kielbasa cooked in a pan in small hunks. 1 sweet Italian and 1 Hot Sausage link or patties cooked in the same pan. Place meat on a plate in a huge pile and give to smiling guests.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tator tots baked, follow instructions on package fool. Buy some cheap ham. Mustard. Swiss cheese. Pickles or relish. Sour is best. Lay out the ham and cheese layered 2:1 spread mustard and relish on top. Cut into slices the width of a tot. Roll the bitch up. Stab with skewer or pick. Bake 350 ten minutes. Pickle juice or Franks to finish.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Liverwurst and onions slathered with musheded cream cheese on Seeded Rye. Pickles and pimento stuffed green olives FTW!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hummus and Onions. Carmelize some onions. Chop them up course. Mix into a tub of Hummus. I buy the cheap stuff. Bake off some pitas. Olive oil and sea salt until crispy or golden. If you have access to a air fryer hit them up in that.