Quantcast

Snake Ride B-Ham 10-23

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Man...you guys suck. Just started snowing here, not that we had any trails anyway...
Soon it will be the freezing rain, and the wind. But atleast all the sand freezes so we have a few more options!
How long can you all run the stuff up there before it gets hairy? Might have to load up the other idiots and come ride...

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
you can ride just about al year over here..it snows some but doesnt last long before a warm front comes and melts it all away. :evil:

Hows the Yeti man..you havent busted it yet? ;)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
joelsman said:
upper snake to kras ki ki(new lower section), it is longer and less steep overall
Dang, now I really wish I could go. I've never really had anybody that knows show me that was around up there, so the only trail I've ridden is the snake section built by Western's team.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
:think: Well whatever that trail is that has the "Western Downhill Team" cnc'd sign at the beginning. It's been too long for me to remember anyhow; I just want to learn what else is up there.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
AA_Freeze said:
you can ride just about al year over here..it snows some but doesnt last long before a warm front comes and melts it all away. :evil:

Hows the Yeti man..you havent busted it yet? ;)
I think I'll be on that Yeti for quite awhile yet...or until Yeti comes out with better candy! I'll be callin' you soon...our yearly Bike Bash is Nov 4th, 5th, and 6th. Items on the agenda are a 45' gap, a 30x20 step up of my own design, and a 20'x40' ladder drop/gap... I just hope the bike lets loose before I do!

Where's the best place to see pics of your local trails man? Basically, what am I gonna get to see when I come up?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
AA_Freeze said:
www.gutsploder.com click on the flags and it will show you the area.
Dude... the pic below has been my screen saver since about the time I bought my Dirtbag from you! I just re-found that site again, been kinda learning my way around. I guess I seriously did not realize that most of the stuff I've seen are actually legit, legal trails??? Is that correct? I apparently got caught up in all the movie hype and thought everything was poached land type stuff.
So..this pic is of a trail that anyone can just go, find, and hit? It's beautiful. This is what I learned how to design my drops after...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
So...how much longer this year can you still hit them? Or should I just wait until spring and start fresh?
I really have no place on them yet as I don't get much practice on skinny stuff or even elevated trails for that matter. My newest trail will be completed soon, we'll get the basics we need, then we'll come up.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
The Snake is just a local trail..like 20mins from me or 5 min from Bellingham...Takes about an hour to get to the Shore that has the mountains on Gutsploder...there is many more not on there also..you just need to take a week off next April-October anytime and come over...you can bunk in my barn ;)

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That sounds perfect. Charge us a "tour guide fee" and use the week as a tax write off! You were "entertaining" clients!
Man...I'm browsing the shots on Gutsploder right now and I'm just so bummed I can't do ANYTHING even remotely similar here. It's hard to explain that there is NO open land here...in the middle of the midwest! It's all private property and farm land. My crew has access to one of the largest open areas on the highest peak on my side of the state...and it takes 1:30 to get to the point of having to pedal again. Oh, and not one single tree on it. Ever done a big huck on the top of a hill with nothing around??? A 14 footer in the trees is a lot different than one out in the open. It's SCARY here!