Quantcast

Snake Wednesday 12-8/Thursday 12-9

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm riding it tomorrow (hopefully I don't get called into work again) at about 10:00am. I am planning on riding the whole thing. I plan on finishing around 1, but not much later than that, hopefully earlier.

Barring catastrophic injuries from the previous ride, I am also planning on riding the Snake on Thursday around 12:30 or so. I need to ride, and don't care about the weather so much, as long as it's not dumping freezing rain on my butt.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Didn't see you, but I did see two shovels this time. It was a really wet ride with hail and sleet, but lots of fun nonetheless. Didn't try anything new, but I'm sure I improved my skills in the "worst conditions possible" department. What about tomorrow?

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
hey erik, make sure you aren't damaging the trail when it is that bad out, you should do some trail maintance instead, there is always work to be done.

the entrance needs a lot of work, lower switchbacks also

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Joel,
If the weather keeps up so nastily, I'll switch my plans over to working on those lower switchbacks of death instead of destroying them more by riding them. I was really nice to the trail today otherwise (it was holding up nicely because of the rocks and hard dirt), it's just those switchbacks that need some help, and that section that prevents motorcycles from entering, like you said. Thanks for the encouragement though.
Oh, and I took your advice to brake less and ride faster in order to have less-clogged tires; it's been working perfectly. I haven't had clogged tires since I rode with you :)