Quantcast

Snap crackle & pop.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Everything on my bodi snaps,crackles or pops..

I can pop my ankles alot.My neck sounds like little bones could be breaking it's pretty loud sounding.What the heck is that exactly ?
Also my wrists & kness when i squat ...I feel fine-so i guess it's normal.?
Do i need some kind of supplement or am i dehydrated? I don't eat fried foods ever.

Any tech info on this would help.:)

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Sorry in advance, i type in statement form to the point, not story book professional flowing form !?@#

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
You should be ok for now. My entire body pops as well...ankles, neck, fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, shoulders. No idea why, but they just do for some reason, and it doesn't hurt me, it just makes a loud sound and I move on. If you are really concerned speak with your doctor about what might be causing this and what the future may hold.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Well, forget the doctor..$$
Since you do it too ,it makes me feel better knowing.. Only thing i know to take is Glucosamine for joints support,cartilage..

Boomer-61

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I'm a PA in Orthopeadics and have seen most joints make noise despite the age of the patient. The bottom line is, if it isn't painful then you're ok. Most joints make noise for various reasons, most are benign. So, don't worry, just keep on snap, crackle and popping down the trail.

Str8OutaBallard said:
Glucosamine is good to me...
Glucosamine is good stuff, I have noticed a difference in the way I feel especially in my knees. I'm only 37, but due to many years of Motorcross I have broken a lot of bones. If you are not having pain or pressure that is borderline painful before your joints snap, crackle or pop then you are fine. Otherwise, you will start to use words like physical therapy, and celebrex:rolleyes:

Cracking is caused by the release of gas from the synovial fluid in the joints. The gases are oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide. When you pop or crack a joint, you stretch the joint capsule. Gas is released, which forms bubbles. In order to crack the same knuckle again, you have to wait until the gases return to the synovial fluid.
Another cause is movement of joints, tendons and ligaments: When a joint moves, the tendon’s position changes and moves slightly out of place. You may hear a snapping sound as the tendon returns to its original position. Your ligaments may tighten as you move your joints. This commonly occurs in your knee or ankle, and can make a cracking sound.
Lastly, Arthritis in joints make sounds caused by the loss of smooth cartilage and the roughness of the joint surface.

In closing it isn't harmful unless you feel pain in your joints. That is a sign of arthritis.

Do we not listen? Take whatever you like and blow your money. the noises WON'T hurt you and you won't make the natural gases go away with any suppliment. Altering the gases which make up the lubrication process will wind up CAUSING you pain later. Leave it alone and stop playing doctor with yourselves. I know everything and you need to listen to every post I make regarding health and fitness. Damn you hard heads.

Joint issues is entirely different then the topic of the snap crackle pop "noises" people hear when they "crack" their knuckles or Knees cracking when they sit down, Neck cracks when turned to the side. If your having any form of discomfort in your joints I'd seriously suggest getting a doctors outlook on it. Pain in joints is a sign of arthritis (possibly but not always). Ibuprofin remember is an anti enflamitory so it is not a cure to what ails but eleviates discomfort.
If it is only a pulled ligament or tendon, (not a joint) you can't pull a joint only dislocate one, then the ibuprofin will eleviate the pain. You need to rest the area and don't do excercises or movements that will antagonize the area such as pullups for example. There are a few exercises that you can do to strengthen and rehabilitate the area that are hard to explain on here. I'll attempt to describe one.
Lie on your good side with the injured side up. place your injured arm close to your body and bend the elbow forming a 90 degree angle outwards in front of you. (like curling a dumbell half way up but doing it on your side). Holding a very light dumbell (5 or 10 lbs), with palm facing the ground, raise it towards the ceiling keeping the elbow locked against your side. Bring it up as far as you can or until it begins to hurt and go no farther, hold for 2 seconds and repeat 8 to 10 times. Repeat for 4 sets. (Note: where I said to bring it up until you feel pain, on the following reps, STOP short of where you felt the pain)