Quantcast

Snapped frame do you trust carbon!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
32.6lbs last time it was on a bike shop scale. Maybe the sealant was dried up.
For your bang for the buck, 40 or Boxxer?

I just got an Ohlins for the Whimpmo. Single crown. It's great. I don't jam it too hard tho.

But the eeeb. It's got a 36. I kinda jam it hard. I'm like this could use a little more thunder. More weight on the bike. Could use less flex from the fork....IDK just brainstorming here.

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
185mm on the Enderpo, 160 on the Smuggler (cos thats all that fits). Its a myth short legged people need less drop! I need as much or even more than longer legged people
To get on and off the bike without a step
Maybe I need a longer dropper too. I just check the statistics and at 175cm with 81cm inseam, I am quite at the bottom of the span...people with my height can have up to 10cm longer legs than me :eek:
1725951304111.png

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
You are worried about stem weight on an E-bike?
i do hike a bike trips with it.

saturday, i went up this trail:

it was so fucking steep and lose i used the bike like a cane to press myself up. quite an experience…

so yeah, weight is kinda important for me

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
i do hike a bike trips with it.

saturday, i went up this trail:

it was so fucking steep and lose i used the bike like a cane to press myself up. quite an experience…

so yeah, weight is kinda important for me
Ha, spent quite some time a little to the west from there, mostly inside the rocks though. Nice area! Klausen is also a good ride on the roadbike. And if eating and wine is your thing, check out "Schwert" in Netstal :Alcoholic:
Edit: Oh no, just saw that they are closed. What a pitty, had some marvellous dinners there.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
185mm on the Enderpo, 160 on the Smuggler (cos thats all that fits). Its a myth short legged people need less drop! I need as much or even more than longer legged people

I'm 179cm with short lets. I can't run longer than a 180mm OneUp as that's pretty much slammed all the way down in the seat tube in one of my bikes. I haven't felt a need for more though. It helps that I tend to run a lower full extension amount than a lot of people would though.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Egg banjo.
Git it doon ye
Didn't know there was a name for that. I've been making that since I was a kid. I always just called it an egg sandwich. Always runny. That's the best part.

Nowadays cook the eggs a little more, but still a little runny, and on sourdough bread, toasted. And plenty of that Kerrygold butter of course. Bacon? Optional. Depends.

Ever do the "egg in a basket"? My camping go-to for breakfast. And If outdoors, always add bacon, on the side. Even tho I may be burping it up all morning long. I call that secondsies :)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I'm 179cm with short lets. I can't run longer than a 180mm OneUp as that's pretty much slammed all the way down in the seat tube in one of my bikes. I haven't felt a need for more though. It helps that I tend to run a lower full extension amount than a lot of people would though.
i'm about 185cm with fairly short legs too. pretty sure my v1 oneup is 180...never felt the need for more.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

I'm 183 cm with long legs. Right now I have a 170mm dropper on my medium Siskiu (420mm st). Given the amount of the outer toob rising from the ST, I could probably go 210 without much hassle.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Shit on a shingle!!! Now that's camping food...straight up southern...

I like eggs, approx 16-20 a day in training cycle, 7-8 per omlette the I go after their counterparts the chicken...2lbs approx+
That's just the poultry part of diet...

Get creative with it, hole in 1, SOS, grits, loco moco...

Hardboiled with avacado...that's a good on the go...not over easy, egg running on avacado can trigger gag...

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Sorry did that motherfucker say he eats 16-20 eggs a day while training? JFC protein bros are too much, dudes gonna be out here slurpin them straight from the chickens hole at this rate.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sorry did that motherfucker say he eats 16-20 eggs a day while training? JFC protein bros are too much, dudes gonna be out here slurpin them straight from the chickens hole at this rate.
Just eat the bastard as it stands , feathers feet , eggs and all. Like a snack pack cluking around the yard .

Yes my caloric I take via deca scan and vo2 is 2736 just to sit in bed and stare at ceiling...7-9% bf 206lbs of lean mass...I cut fat right before to 6%
Not including bone fat etc...just muscle ..ran a 540 mile at 235lbs 3 years ago and now I pace 730 - 8 for 4-7 miles running...I can sprint but that's for competition....
5k 19min + and pacing 21-22min 5k almost daily when I'm really training..6-8 mile runs on weekends in hills...
Getting back into training mode for Chicago HYROX pro coming in November...

Screenshot_20240911_151418_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240911_151316_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240911_151122_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Dude, bro. I can't believe you can ride a bike after all the Rocky Balboa food diet. :D

Just given you shit. If it works, it works.

"I'm not trying to be the best at exercising. I play real sports." (Kenny Powers, Eastbound and Down)

:D

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Pushed the downshift lever on a kid's SRAM shifter today. only for his (loose bar) clamp to rotate around his carbon bars, scoring the fuck out of them.
Carbon bars. Just don't. Especially for anyone you love.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just eat the bastard as it stands , feathers feet , eggs and all. Like a snack pack cluking around the yard .

Yes my caloric I take via deca scan and vo2 is 2736 just to sit in bed and stare at ceiling...7-9% bf 206lbs of lean mass...I cut fat right before to 6%
Not including bone fat etc...just muscle ..ran a 540 mile at 235lbs 3 years ago and now I pace 730 - 8 for 4-7 miles running...I can sprint but that's for competition....
5k 19min + and pacing 21-22min 5k almost daily when I'm really training..6-8 mile runs on weekends in hills...
Getting back into training mode for Chicago HYROX pro coming in November...

View attachment 218196View attachment 218197View attachment 218198
That is impressive. Good on ya! If you like it, you like it.

I've got some buddies that do it. And their wives. I'd say the wives look better than my bros :D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
That is impressive. Good on ya! If you like it, you like it.

I've got some buddies that do it. And their wives. I'd say the wives look better than my bros :D
CrossFit woman are usually hot as hell...my wife crushes it and she crushes HYROX pro. She's a beast... But stupid nice and super compassionate (out lifts dudes at gym it's pathetic for them)...Idaho ranch girl growing up...

This is what I went to after brain injury, biking lost its color. worst feeling ever, it was boring and lost the love and excitement. Not too mention I got benign vertigo, short term memory loss and quick tempered....,(a lot more as well)
Wife suggested Spartan racing then I suggested CrossFit then we evolved to hyrox.. I needed competition...

So next round I'm going back into fighting and she agreed to follow...so after this it's back to the banging for a while..

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Pushed the downshift lever on a kid's SRAM shifter today. only for his (loose bar) clamp to rotate around his carbon bars, scoring the fuck out of them.
Carbon bars. Just don't. Especially for anyone you love.
Noted!!!!

I'm swapping mine , I pulled a set off a guys bike to do work on fork and he has 2 gouges from clamp.
Got me to thinking what a great fuseable link for breakage...perfect carnage distance on snapping lol...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
CrossFit woman are usually hot as hell...my wife crushes it and she crushes HYROX pro. She's a beast... But stupid nice and super compassionate (out lifts dudes at gym it's pathetic for them)...Idaho ranch girl growing up...

This is what I went to after brain injury, biking lost its color. worst feeling ever, it was boring and lost the love and excitement. Not too mention I got benign vertigo, short term memory loss and quick tempered....,(a lot more as well)
Wife suggested Spartan racing then I suggested CrossFit then we evolved to hyrox.. I needed competition...

So next round I'm going back into fighting and she agreed to follow...so after this it's back to the banging for a while..
Peaks and valleys man. Peaks and valleys. Live your life. Sometimes life gets in the way. "Flow like water, my friend." Bruce Lee

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
IDK, I'm thinking of doing steroids to build up joints.
Lmao glucosamine, bone powder, curry for inflammation..theres a few other things for joints and tendons...

I get shots in shoulders and elbow sometimes for the pain in joints before competition just cause they have been pushed hard...between HIIT, Olympic lifting , sprint cardio sessions and lifting for power...shots don't last for crap, it'll get me through lanes and competition but goes away.

Wife has me doing a lot of stretching , mobility, scraping and ice baths for inflammation...she bought me an ice bath setup...actually feels amazing afterwards, 2-3 minutes...when you take a shower last 2 minutes as cold as possible, also aides in inflammation.

Works better than the Dr and the shots...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007

I broke myself more and fucked up my head more fighting and doing bjj when I was a kid than I do biking by far, be safe with your head, sounds like you know the drill and you don't get do-overs when you fuck up your brain. Wrestling is fun, striking/sparring will fuck you up.

Also, after looking at all the work you put into your physique, have you considered just juicing instead for greater efficiency and putting the time saved into something more productive, like baitin to pictures of yourself?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I broke myself more and fucked up my head more fighting and doing bjj when I was a kid than I do biking by far, be safe with your head, sounds like you know the drill and you don't get do-overs when you fuck up your brain. Wrestling is fun, striking/sparring will fuck you up.

Also, after looking at all the work you put into your physique, have you considered just juicing instead for greater efficiency and putting the time saved into something more productive, like baitin to pictures of yourself?
Yes, wrestling is bad ass, that's power and skill(so is BJJ)....

NOPE!! got buddies that do shit and they can't walk upstairs and breath, good for short shit and useless as shit for anything cardio or endurance , stresses the hell out of tendons and joints, raises blood pressure and hematocrit levels......I'll pass on that. Those are all opposite of what I do and need.... I don't do physique I train for the sport I do and body changes to training...CrossFit I get wide obliques...I'm 100% function over form....

We ran 4 miles at 4:30am this morning and aside of first mile it was awesome...running is freedom, freedom is power over my life...

I'll do gw1516 for cardio and vaso dilators for training but just my inhalers and asthma med before a race...what good is 1000hp if you can't use it...

Had a buddy pass last year from massive heart attack at 46 from years as a pro bodybuilder and shit he took. They found him in his shop the next day.
Yeah life's too short to self medicate...I don't drink, smoke or do anything..(i edited this I do take gummies once in a while). We run, hike, lift, travel, ride and so on...wife's surfing now so she stoked on that we go hit that now too..

Last edited: