Quantcast

Snapped my toe in half... biking still intact

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
So usually when I hurt myself, I'm out of the biking scene for a bit. Suprizingly I can bike fine with my big toe broken in half and found it odd. Now obviously toes arn't much but a big toe is... BIGer. Are there other bones you can break and be fine?!? I'm a little pissed to find this out now... I could have saved a whole lot of time by saving my other bones and just keeping it to my toes.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
Braking a toe dosnt really stop you from doing alot, usually it just hurts when any pressure is on it for awhile and then it just takes care of itself

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Eh, it's all a matter of what you consider "normal" or "reasonable". I broke my hand, then cut my cast off to ride a few more days of dh. Thanks to prescription drugs I was able to do so, but it's recasted now that I'm back at school and can't ride dirt.

Keep on keepin' on.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
Your Nose Is One Bone3 You Could Btrake And Probably Still Go Biking, Or Your Teeth

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
Dear GOD!!! you guys really milk the shiz outta everything!

... I LIKE IT.

by the way ...stapes

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i would imagine riding a bike would feel a loty better than walking on it... either way... heal quickly!!

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
This is my toe after I broke the crap out of it last winter playing soccer.
It was so swollen I couldnt even get my foot into a shoe for 2 weeks. How the hell are you biking?

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
I broke the same toe but the break is lower than that, its a red line (where it snapped) and a huge reddness bruise all around it. Im not biking XC style with my toe clipless style but instead Im using more of my mid foot, hucking style. Luckily I was pretty bombed when it happened so I didn't feel too much but it still hurt like a nacho. I was going down the stairs, my toe went ballerina style and then I proceeded to continue applying pressure untill SNAP and my toe buckled under my foot. NAstayy

Nate