Quantcast

Snappy Pikes

Harry BarnOwl

Monkey
Jul 24, 2008
So...anyone else manage anything similar to this? I was not casing anything at the time or hauling on a particularly rough section of track. Felt something go on the front and had a huge OTB. Based on the shiny bits in the close-up picture I suspect they were already cracked and were oxidising before they went pop.

Attachments

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
That is the new pike with the lower case r crown. Rockshox hired the designers that created the Zoke m arch to bring you this advanced technology!
To be fair, a "M" arch is easier to design than a "R" arch

(and hooray for a bad ass, orange striped Mobster, which is one of Kidwoo's faves of all time)

As for the new Pikes, I did see a pic of one the past weekend in which *one* lower broke right at the "power bulge". I recognize you can find pics of basically anything broken on the innerwebs, but that is still pretty disconcerting.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Did the same to a few older sets of 20mm Pikes... you know... those ones that had far less travel and were significantly heavier.

Harry BarnOwl

Monkey
Jul 24, 2008
at least it wasn't the L-Turn version.

Ah yes, the axle-path-optimised boxxer with added sideways travel.

I spoke to TF tuned to see if they had any spare lowers lying around that they could sell me. Unfortunately they didn't, but they were shocked to hear that it happened and said they'd not seen it at all with the newer style pikes.

Obviously you can find pictures of broken anything on the web, but I didn't think I was a likely candidate being 1) not fat and 2) not particularly fast.