Quantcast

*sniff*

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I think she's doomed.
Oddly enough, I actually like her more after listening to the clip. It's the first time she's actually sounded genuine in her entire career, and she was genuine about the right things: not the shiny wrapping, not the word-games, not the process, but taking a step back and reminding us that we're picking a president. This isn't a game, and it IS important to have someone that knows what they're doing.

I'm still voting Obama... unless Bloomberg enters the race.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ahhh, who knows what to think with them (Clintons) anymore? Could it have all been scripted? I don't think she or the rest of the candidates do anything spontanious when they know there's a camera around.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Could it have all been scripted?
that was my first thought too. she's been hammered for not being personal enough, and to try to lower her unfavorable rating, and I think that this is how she may be trying to do it. show people that she's not just part of the establishment and the clinton machine, and that she's a real person. she'd better be careful, though, those tears could possibly short circuit something... :twitch:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is what pisses me off about politics. People care more about personality than how they will do the job. This should be a job interview not a popularity contest. Hillary is just playing the game.

I guess this his how we end up with a marginally functioning retard in the white house.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
This is what pisses me off about politics. People care more about personality than how they will do the job.
Subtle difference, but I would say they care about character because it IS an indicator of how they will do the job. It's a dynamic role, and the challenges predicted during the election cycle are not the same as faced in office. If you know you can support someone's fundamentals, then the specific stances are less important. The only reason to demand specifics is so the candidate can demonstrate a grasp of the details of a challenge and the ability to plan for them, not because you actually think they will execute that exact plan.

In this case, my opinion of Hillary was that she was a principal-less lawyer and would bend her policies to whatever seems most likely to be approved (see her support of the war). Knowing that she has genuine and passionate belief, means that her previous pattern of compromising on everything because she really believes in nothing can be broken for the right cause. The next step would be proving those things that she is willing to fight for are the ones I support, and that she'd be better at it than Obama.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I cant stand the carpetbagging (Not munching, no lesbian slamming here.) opportunist that she is. I liked Bill through it all, but could never stomach her. When she moved to NY witht the intent of running for office, I thought the NY voters would see right through her and throw her out. What a disappointment. Now to think of her as POTUS gives me the shivers.
If she won the Dem. nomination, all it would do is mobilize all the fence sitting voters who hate her and what she represents, and we would end up with another 4 years of GOP asshattery in the Oval Office.
Go Obama! (So far, until you piss me off.)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Oddly enough, I actually like her more after listening to the clip. It's the first time she's actually sounded genuine in her entire career, and she was genuine about the right things: not the shiny wrapping, not the word-games, not the process, but taking a step back and reminding us that we're picking a president. This isn't a game, and it IS important to have someone that knows what they're doing..
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is what pisses me off about politics. People care more about personality than how they will do the job. This should be a job interview not a popularity contest. Hillary is just playing the game.

I guess this his how we end up with a marginally functioning retard in the white house.
Why do you hate freedom?

I would vote for a nice rack, but that's NEVER an option.

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007

yeah, she seems like she was doing a reasonable job as ny state senator. i don't really like her personality, she seems a little unfriendly or something, but if a person gets **** done, that's all there needs to be.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Ahhh, who knows what to think with them (Clintons) anymore? Could it have all been scripted?
If you've seen any of her speeches or interviews, you'd can't even fake a southern accent let alone crying. She comes across as completely contrived every time the emotion is, well, contrived. You think she suddenly grew some oscar-worthy skeelz overnight?