Quantcast

Snow Coverage of Vail in mid-december

i know its the wrong site, but since so much more traffic comes thru RM, i had to post.

i have 2 days free from dec17 to dec 19 (i know its short) an i'd like to spend it snowboarding. i'm unsure about the snow coverage of vail around that time. what has it been like these past couple years? i'm also contemplating whistler or calgary. (which i would think would have better coverage) but the big plus about vail is that i would fly into eagle county and ground transit time between the airport and the resort would be short, which translates into more "on-snow" time for me. your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated

thanks

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
caputo1989 said:
Fvck resort skiing. Instead of a season pass to Vail etc. I got a set of tele. boots/bindings, skins, beacon, and probe.

Get F***in' good with that beacon before you go out. Got a shovel too?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
caputo1989 said:
Fvck resort skiing. Instead of a season pass to Vail etc. I got a set of tele. boots/bindings, skins, beacon, and probe.
HAa haa haa....

Tried that. In my opinion, it wasn't all that fun. Besides, There's chicks at Vail to look at and beer availability all over the mtn.

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
Ascentrek said:
HAa haa haa....

Tried that. In my opinion, it wasn't all that fun. Besides, There's chicks at Vail to look at and beer availability all over the mtn.
... and more gapers than... but the coverage should be descent in mid December. Last few years, the mountains have had full coverage by this time. But expect to take some shots to the sticks, especially if you're in the trees.

And, yeah, free the heal and the mind will follow.