Quantcast

Snow day - home alone with my 1 y/o HELP

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
1st full day alone. Working at home, well, somewhat. Day care cancelled as her electricity has been out for over a week. Foot of snow on the way. Wife left me alone. HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Same as usual for these lazy bastards

Ima drive dad nuts. ALL DAY LONG

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Wait.....the kid is a year old and THIS is the first time you've been left alone with him??? What goes on in your house??

Her. Alexis. I work, 5 days a week bub. I've spent days with her before, but on a day off, when we could go outside and do stuff. Inside I don't know what the heck to do other than rot on the couch while she plays. I guess I'm a ****ty dad.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Believe it or not I'm in agreement with MMike. The kids a year and you've never spent a full day with the child? Your wife never left you guys alone during the weekend for the whole day?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
step 1: log off rm
step 2: do anything with your daughter, both in & out of the house

today's a great day to bond. video first steps, words, etc. (even if staged)

report back tonight

mmike: IOU rep

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
It shouldn't be a big deal. I had to do 4 days straight with a 4 month old when my gal was in the hospital.

My advice, suck it up, get down on the floor and play with the tyke

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yes, the kid is 15 months and I've only spent 2 whole days with her alone, WTF is the big deal?

Can't go out, as I have to be around the PC for work / email.

No biggie, wife is home at 3pm an hour early.

4 more hours

Just not use to the inside thing with the kid, that's all.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and knuckleslammer must be singing in his head "20...20...24 hrs ago...i wanna be sedated"

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Baby Mozart and Wiggles videos worked for me. If it made Alaina laugh/smile, I could watch them for hours (and usually did). Also started teaching her Othello, the board game. Amazing how fast she learned it. I hope your cats are de-clawed, because twitching tails are interesting to young'ns.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Aren't you the one that claims your reality is what you make it or something - well, make it fun!

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Aren't you the one that claims your reality is what you make it or something - well, make it fun!
That stuff no longer works. It did for a while. Now I'm of the school that there is nothing other than what you see. When your dead, it ends, period. There is no god, there is no evil or good force pulling the strings. There is nothing except what you can see, hear, taste, touch and smell.

As for the kid, it's fine. I don't mind spending time with her, it's just the working while watching the kid thing that gets to me.

I get NEEDY AS*HOLES THAT I WISH BONE CANCER UPON bothering me while I'm taking care of my kid. "Let's have a con call, let's have a web-x"

No, let me tear the skin right off your F'N face with my fingers. Let me poke your eyeballs out with a fork. I swear, I could line up these mother f8***ng A***oles and shoot them in the chest point blank with a 4570 musket and not feel a bit of remorse.

Not really one for meetings and the corporate BULL*HIT

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I get NEEDY AS*HOLES THAT I WISH BONE CANCER UPON bothering me while I'm taking care of my kid. "Let's have a con call, let's have a web-x"

No, let me tear the skin right off your F'N face with my fingers. Let me poke your eyeballs out with a fork. I swear, I could line up these mother f8***ng A***oles and shoot them in the chest point blank with a 4570 musket and not feel a bit of remorse.
Sounds like happy happy fun time for sure! (No wonder you're ordinarily not allowed to be alone with the kid.)

:biggrin:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Sounds like happy happy fun time for sure! (No wonder you're ordinarily not allowed to be alone with the kid.)

:biggrin:

I'm alone with her all the time. Pick her up and drop her off to day care. I've never harmed or had the feeling to harm a child or any living thing, other than corporate slimeballs. Too many years in the IT business. That's the problem. However I do fantasize about doing things to certain people. I realize I'm a psychopath, luckily the synapse that holds it all together hasn't connected right?

All I want is for folks to leave me alone and clear a path when I come through. That's not too much to ask, is it?

I guess I just don't like people. Unfortunate for me eh? The kid is easy, I can't get mad at her, she's too innocent and always smiling. People on the other hand. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Some of the folks on here seem cool. But when people get into work mode the personality changes. I don't change. I'm an asshole all the time.

Well, kid is in for nap. I'm going to play call of duty, hide in a bush and burn folks with the flamethrower :)

Last edited: