Quantcast

Snow ride

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hot bike but ugh I hate rollers. Rollers are some kind of time machine that make minutes turn into weeks.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've been doing an hour at a time lately. I play music from my laptop to cut down the boredom. Last night I was pressed for time so I only rode a half hour. That actually went by pretty quick.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can put an hour in on the trainers at the gym, watching MILFs jog passes the time nicely. At home I struggle to do 45 minutes at a time. And I have a computerised trainer with power output charts simulated, courses, dogs trying to lick the sweat off my legs, music and TV to distract me.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
splat said:
But don't you find with playiong music you wind up pedalling to the beat of the song ? I know it always screws me up. I usualy find an Ice hockey game on the tube to watch
My spin is pretty constant (although not as fast as I'd like), the music doesn't seem to affect it much.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I can put an hour in on the trainers at the gym, watching MILFs jog passes the time nicely. At home I struggle to do 45 minutes at a time. And I have a computerised trainer with power output charts simulated, courses, dogs trying to lick the sweat off my legs, music and TV to distract me.
:thumb:

@ home I watch tv while on the trainer, but going for 60 min is tough

I am joining a gym very soon...time goes by so much quicker when I get to watch hot sweaty fit chicks work out :drool:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I've never tried rollers. I have a trainer that I use about 4-5 nights a week. Generally, I watch tv and I find that when I try to coordinate it with my favorite tv shows that I'll always do it.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I end up using my trainer for about 2 weeks each winter before I get mind numbing bored. I'd put it in front of the tv, but my trainer (an old wind resistance) is so loud I can't hear a damn thing.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's easier to do a set workout than to just spin. You know - 2 minute time trials, some spinups, one legged workouts... I have a twelve week program desigened for one workout a week (it was just a small part of my old training programs). I guarantee it will kick your butt and leave you crying. It's minute based though so you can't just chill.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo - that bike is gorgeous - if you were to go out on the road in the winter do you have a backup beater bike to ride or do you just hop on one of your mountain bikes instead?

How the hell do you get started on the rollers - do you hold on to that work table until you get some "momentum" going?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
How the hell do you get started on the rollers - do you hold on to that work table until you get some "momentum" going?
Yeah the table works, or if there's no table I hang on to the ceiling. It's really not as difficult as it would seem.

Oh and I would never ride my road bike in the winter here... I have a beater.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Heidi said:
It's easier to do a set workout than to just spin. You know - 2 minute time trials, some spinups, one legged workouts... I have a twelve week program desigened for one workout a week (it was just a small part of my old training programs). I guarantee it will kick your butt and leave you crying. It's minute based though so you can't just chill.
Care to share it?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
can you guys stand while on the rollers?
Nope..it usually ends poorly when I try. Sq-Earl can though :mumble: Big surprise huh???

I too either listen to tunes (and it doesn't affect my cadence) or watch TV. Right now, I am only spinning 30 minutes when I can (which hasn't been since Sunday, but I have a date with the rollers or stationary bike tonight...depends on what Sydney has to say about it). Last winter I was able to do 50-60 minutes without too much trouble.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Yeah the table works, or if there's no table I hang on to the ceiling. It's really not as difficult as it would seem.

Oh and I would never ride my road bike in the winter here... I have a beater.
I need to find me a beater too methinks. The Serotta is way too precious to take out in the winter.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I Are Baboon said:
:dead:

I can't handle five minutes on a trainer or rollers. I really need to get to more spinning classes. Maybe tomorrow night.
Hey IAB... you need to come back out here.
I did a night ride on San Juan (the one we rode with Heidi) a few days ago and all I needed was a long sleeve shirt, shorts, and leg pads.
:blah: :devil:

My co-worker lives on teh other side of that hill, so he drops us off at the top on his way home from work. There are still a few climbs, but overall it is about a 2hr. ride.