Quantcast

Snow Shoe National

JskierPX

Chimp
Mar 9, 2004
Bay Area California
Hey all I am a Nor Cal Rider headin out to SnowShoe for the National. Just wondering if any of you have ridden out there this year yet or if you know what the DH or MX courses will be like. They said they will both be new from last year. I race Jr Expert. So I am mainly interested in that. Also, is the expert course also the pro-semi-pro course? I heard to be ready for mud? Whats your say?

thanks-

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Banche, nice job on the update of your location:monkey: . As far as Norba Nationals are going, my friend Dave and I want to go watch as neither of us could race. We're leaving Saturday the 12th about 6 am so we'll hopefully see everyone up there.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by JskierPX
Hey all I am a Nor Cal Rider headin out to SnowShoe for the National. Just wondering if any of you have ridden out there this year yet or if you know what the DH or MX courses will be like. They said they will both be new from last year. I race Jr Expert. So I am mainly interested in that. Also, is the expert course also the pro-semi-pro course? I heard to be ready for mud? Whats your say?

thanks-
Yes it's the same course for Pro/Exp. Be ready for greasy muddy off camber trail with lot's of rocks and roots thrown in for good measure.

The MX course is huge compared to last years.

Mike

JskierPX

Chimp
Mar 9, 2004
Bay Area California
Ok it sounds pretty sick. Please just tell me thats there are no uphill sections in the course. At BigBear there were 2 long ass flat strait aways and one 300 foot hill- ONE WORD---GAY! The most in shape people were bound to win it. Is the MX course smooth or is it like rough and rocky n crap?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by JskierPX
Ok it sounds pretty sick. Please just tell me thats there are no uphill sections in the course. At BigBear there were 2 long ass flat strait aways and one 300 foot hill- ONE WORD---GAY! The most in shape people were bound to win it. Is the MX course smooth or is it like rough and rocky n crap?
There's one pretty long flat section about midway on the DH course. The MX course is buttery smooth judging from the section they had finished when I was up there last weekend.

Mike

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
its not that flat. i'm not in good shape at all and i didn't think it was bad . you can carry some pretty good speed through there.

JskierPX

Chimp
Mar 9, 2004
Bay Area California
sweet sounds good. Big Bear Expert course right out of the gate was a 400 foot slightly up hill straight away, and at 8000 feet it sucked. Then the hill in the middle and then another 400 fot flat to the finish. The rest of the course was sweet none the less.but ya i'm stoked to hear this WV course is gonna be gnar and tech with some open stuff. sounds fun.

also sounds like I should be ok on my HT for MX.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by banche
its not that flat. i'm not in good shape at all and i didn't think it was bad . you can carry some pretty good speed through there.
Yeah I guess flat is relative to the rest of the course. It has the potential to become a mud bog if it gets churned up by lots of riders though. That'll be fun too!

Mike

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
the 4x course at snowshoe is awesome when i went the opening weekend. At that time, it wasn't finished yet but i'm sure b4 the nationals, it will be. The course had a lot of flow to it and it's off the hook.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
banche said:
you can carry some pretty good speed through there.
What section was that? The fireroad? It was a mud bog yesterday, SSSLLLOOOWWW and greasy. And it looks like the weather isn't going to change mud for this weekend.

I'm very interested to see what the pros have to say, I think there will be a lot of b!tching. It's a tough call. The old course was awesome before the erosion got out of control. At that point, you can either build a new trail or fix the old one; they picked the former. The only problem with that is it takes a long time to burn a trail in, especially at SS. The course is not burned in as of yesterday.

There were quite a few folks saying they absolutely loved the old course (me too!), but it needs a lot of love to make it the way it was. If the race was held on that course, people would just bitch about the river running through it and the size of the ditches. I think it's awesome they are building so many new trails, but it just sucks that they are so new and not burned in yet. Kind of a crappy situation. You definitely can't be angry with SS for building trails, that's for sure; they have done an incredible amount of work since the snow melted. I just wish they maintained the old course over the years :(

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
i'll most likely be the only person there on a black MOUNTAINCYCLE 9.5 with pretty yellow-black,and white ALLOY MX gear. or if you come to silvercreek just look for the subaru tent or the FUEL banner. the rest of the crew will be camping there too.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
banche said:
i'll most likely be the only person there on a black MOUNTAINCYCLE 9.5 with pretty yellow-black,and white ALLOY MX gear. or if you come to silvercreek just look for the subaru tent or the FUEL banner. the rest of the crew will be camping there too.
He'll be the only guy on the mountain throwing clickers! :D

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Peete said:
Banche, any word on the Super D course?
I'm not Kalan but,

It's my understanding that the Super D is being run on the DH course side. Going down Cupp Cake, STP road (climb), Rockgarden, lower Ball 'n the Jack (climb). It's all rocky rutted fireroad except for the short singletrack past the new pro finish line rock.

Mike

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Matt D said:
It will be more mud than you've ever seen, guaranteed.
If Snowshoe were a Primus song, it would be "My name is Mud."

:D

Best wishes to everyone racing at Snowshoe this weekend!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
couple of us should be there

say 'hey' if u see some black jerseys with huge 'VT' logo on front

-Mike T.