Quantcast

snow shooooooooo

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I want to dislike him for taking that win from Kerr, but he's one fast dude and really has his heart in it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
story of the day is dunne tho...and then kerr...and then kolb with consistent stepping it up. pierron is just nuts. loved seeing east cost rox take out so many people. or was it @jackalope's trackside helicoptering. no one will ever know....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I want to dislike him for taking that win from Kerr, but he's one fast dude and really has his heart in it.
Pierron will end up with more wins than Minaar, fight me. And not because he has a 20+ year career. 10 wins at 25.

That dude is not only an amazing talent on the bike but he could probably be a top tight end or a power forward. I think most people with that much physical talent end up in more popular sports wich is kind of rare for cyclists.

Or maybe he is just on the 'roids.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Awesome nod to the spectators! There might be some familiar "faces" in the video. :clue:

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Those flat rock garden made for a shitty race. Needed more steep rock garden sections.
FTFY.
If you see the spread in times it shows that basically too many people made too many mistakes. Often this had nothing to do with skills but just luck. Myriam with a crash still on the podium, what do we have? 1995?
Don't get me wrong, the racing was exciting, but I would have preferred tighter times and a better display of our sport, especially for the women. Bouncing through a flat, rocky corner at, what looked like, walking speed? Sharp contrast to Andorra (minus the bridges). The fans were awesome though!

Hopefully we will see next week how rock gardens are done right. ;)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ah Naked Sunday... No need to go all the way to Germany then.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Don't get me wrong, the racing was exciting, but I would have preferred tighter times and a better display of our sport, especially for the women. Bouncing through a flat, rocky corner at, what looked like, walking speed? Sharp contrast to Andorra (minus the bridges).
You realise you're basically complaining that the track was too difficult /technical? And this round being the hardest track of the series also seemed to be a common consensus between every rider.
And a super physical technically difficult track always splits the men massively. So obviously any mediocre woman is going to look shit riding it. But even in the worst of the conditions it looked like nowhere in the rock garden required pedalling to get through so it still must have had gradient.
Contrasting tracks and terrain is exactly what a world DH series needs IMO.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't get to watch the race but it looked spicy.

Neko did well, which is great to see.

What happened to Bruni?

I for one am proud of jackalope and crew holding the fort down for us. Though whatever is in that Gatorade bottle looks highly questionable if it's fit for human consumption.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Pierron will end up with more wins than Minaar, fight me. And not because he has a 20+ year career. 10 wins at 25.

That dude is not only an amazing talent on the bike but he could probably be a top tight end or a power forward. I think most people with that much physical talent end up in more popular sports wich is kind of rare for cyclists.

Or maybe he is just on the 'roids.
Please Westy,you over you’re Bruni Crush already? SuperBruni,you were All about Bruni. Now it’s Pierron,at least you stay with the French.

As for Amery getting more wins than Greg,let me know when he Ties Gwin,you are way ahead of yourself.

Avy

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Seth is just mad that he cannot complain about the lack of crowds at US races anymore. :D
I think that is the best part of this race venue, awesome folks and big party. This is what every bike race should look like.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You realise you're basically complaining that the track was too difficult /technical? And this round being the hardest track of the series also seemed to be a common consensus between every rider.
And a super physical technically difficult track always splits the men massively. So obviously any mediocre woman is going to look shit riding it. But even in the worst of the conditions it looked like nowhere in the rock garden required pedalling to get through so it still must have had gradient.
Contrasting tracks and terrain is exactly what a world DH series needs IMO.
Agree on contrasting tracks. But I want to see that clean runs for all riders are deciding on the winner and not who is not crashing or gets up quickest. There were some nasty crashes, also some where riders hit their helmets on rocks, I hope the MIPS worked.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Watching the other DH race today on the teevee, the one where they ride up to go down. Pissing rain. Great racing.

Schwarzbauer is a big guy for a modern XC rider.

Blevins flat sucks beans.