Quantcast

Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair opens 5/26

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
It's almost time for some lift assisted trail riding in Big Bear!!! Hear's the scoop for 2007. Who's itching to ride???

Den Mother

==========================================
The Scenic Sky Chair will open weekends only beginning May 26th then daily beginning June 16th.

Cross Country Mountain Biking Rates

Adult (Ages 13 & up)All Day Pass (with bicycle) $20 $10
Child (Ages 7-12) One-Way Ride (with bicycle) $10 $5

*Children 6 & under are free when accompanied by a paying adult
*Scenic Sky Chair rates do not include a bike rental
*Helmets are required for all mountain bike riders using Scenic Sky Chair

Only cross-country style bikes are permitted on the Scenic Sky Chair. No downhill specific bikes will be transported. Any one of the following four factors will disqualify a bike from being transported on the chair.

1. Bikes must be less than 35 pounds.
2. Designated tire size must be less than 2.5.
3. Front shock must have less than 6 inches of travel.
4. Bikes must have three chain rings unless they are single speed.

Snow Summit will no longer transport downhill specific mountain bikes on the Sky Chair during the summer months for either recreational or competitive purposes. The resort will continue to haul conventional (cross-country) mountain bikes for the public on the Sky Chair, with access to off-site Forest Service trails and roads. The resort has taken this action because of the liability exposure and forest damage from downhill bikes. Furthermore, there will be no more biking of any kind on the ski runs.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
Any why is that? I refuse to let the "good trails" go to waste. Someone takes the time to keep them up and they are way too fun to give up. We only use the chair to get to them. The good riding was never on Snow Summit property any way!!! ;)

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
We're so there. This time Heather is not going to get us lost on 2n10 looking for the sweet long singletrack (I can't remember the trail name on the map since we always miss it).

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Any why is that? I refuse to let the "good trails" go to waste. Someone takes the time to keep them up and they are way too fun to give up. We only use the chair to get to them. The good riding was never on Snow Summit property any way!!! ;)
I can't use my DH bike, all the "good trails" are actually mediocre at best and totally illegal.

They have never truly supported MTB's they never bettered the trails (which could have prevented the prevailance of illegal trails, which added to the ire of the USFS). And when the lawsuit happened they abandoned us due to "liability"

I repeat, F**k 'em! I will never give them a red cent :plthumbsdown: again.:plthumbsdown:

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
The 1E01 trail?
That's it.. they need to make a neon sign for the trailhead bec it comes to you so fast.

The good thing about riding Summit these days is that there is less bitchin and moaning. DHers are a whiny bunch. :p

Can't wait... my warm up ride is Pirates. Then Upper Fall Line to Anders and then wherever, then Darkside and wrap up the day with the ie01 trail. Rabie, Sonic is accessible, you know.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Touchy today Zark?
Would you reconsider if they were to hold a MILF convention?
Ya know, the Couger Nationals:cheers:
There is a cougar hunt planned Sat night on State St.:pirate2:

I'm riding Cold Springs after work today and riding a lot and better stuff than Snow Summit.

You decide on a DH sled dude? The Cove is riding like melted buttah:spam:

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
There is a cougar hunt planned Sat night on State St.:pirate2:

I'm riding Cold Springs after work today and riding a lot and better stuff than Snow Summit.

You decide on a DH sled dude? The Cove is riding like melted buttah:spam:
Ya ride what ya got baby!! I'd be riding Cold Springs after work too, if I lived farther north. Riverside residents have limited choices after work. So until we retire, we will have to live with "If I rode that every day, I'd be a much better rider". LOL..... Troy Lee, San Juan, AW, BB, SO here we come.......

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
I can't use my DH bike, all the "good trails" are actually mediocre at best and totally illegal.

They have never truly supported MTB's they never bettered the trails (which could have prevented the prevailance of illegal trails, which added to the ire of the USFS). And when the lawsuit happened they abandoned us due to "liability"

I repeat, F**k 'em! I will never give them a red cent :plthumbsdown: again.:plthumbsdown:
It's all a bunch of crock. It's just what they want you to believe. Stay home and ride Cold Springs, it's okay!!! :nopity:

R

Rabie

Damn, I gotta get myself a 5" bike! Those back-trails are just as fun as the ski-run trails.

Who wants to donate a 5" bike/frame to a poor DH-racer?
I'm planning on rocking the hardtail up there at least a few days, so if we do end up coordinating trips up, you could borrow my blur any of those times. Might be a little small, but it's a bike.