Quantcast

Snow Valley???

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Any one know what was going on at Snow Valley this weekend, 6/19/05? On Saturday we saw about a hundred RV's with off-road vehicles in the south parking lot (who cares) BUT, coming home Sunday on the north side of the road, my friends say they saw lots of DH bikes. I didn't see anything because I was driving at exactly the posted speed limit :D .

Were people shuttling somewhere around there or what?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Duzitall said:
Any one know what was going on at Snow Valley this weekend, 6/19/05? On Saturday we saw about a hundred RV's with off-road vehicles in the south parking lot (who cares) BUT, coming home Sunday on the north side of the road, my friends say they saw lots of DH bikes. I didn't see anything because I was driving at exactly the posted speed limit :D .

Not sure but as far as I know Snow Valley does not offer MTB. DH or otherwise. They do occassionally host 4X4 events or something like that.
As to the DH bikes coming down the mtn... who knows. Maybe a bunch of people pushed up and rode the illegal trails down. Maybe they were a group of South American revolutionarys who came up guns blazing and forced Snow Summit to carry their DH bikes. Then they did one run, realized the trails suck and killed everyone. It could happen.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Hummm,

You could have a "made for tv plot" there. We had fun at BB this weekend. 6" bikes and lots of pedaling. I bet there was less than 15 bikes on the lift the entire 2 days. Jazz festival on the top of the mountain had to parking lot over flowing on Sat. The music sounded pretty good up there. The place was dead on Sunday though.

To tell you the truth, I didn't notice much difference in the quality of riding because both of the legal trails inside SS were not so special anyway. Outside SS boundries is better than ever if you don't mind cranking a bit.

Nobody knows who was at Snow Valley?

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Duzitall said:

There was a jeep rally this weekend; people participating in the rally camped at Snow Valley. As for the bike sightings on Sunday...Rim Nordic is right across the street on the north side; there was a XC race there this past weekend. No DH.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
dhjill said:
As for the bike sightings on Sunday...Rim Nordic is right across the street on the north side; there was a XC race there this past weekend. No DH.
So they were halucinating as I suspected. Must have been the rum :blah:

Thank you, Chris