Quantcast

Snow!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm looking forward to snow season this year! I tried snowboarding late last season and really liked it, so I can't wait to try it again! Just when I *finally* start to become a decent skier, I want to get into snowboarding. :rolleyes:

Of course, we still have the BEST part of MTB season to get through: Autumn in New England. :) :)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rad!

Keystone got 4" Saturday night... let's just say the cross country race that happened there on Sunday had lots and lots of very cool customers competing... and it made for a really interesting DH practice that afternoon!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Yay! I'm gonna be getting a new park board soon so I can actually try it this season, lol. Gettin a Colorado Pass soon so it'll be sweet once the season starts. Hopefully its better than last year.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Snow? Not here, not ever!
Sure is nice having killer riding conditions year round, winter is the best riding in SB!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
T0mo said:
screw riding park! trees and steep stuff is the way to go.
Thats' why Im going cheap on the park board and probably gonna snag a Burton Custom X for everything else. :D

There's nothing better than earning your ride by making an hour long hike up to a peak then riding untouched powder in a cirque.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
SkaredShtles said:
Naw - you boarders should stick to the park.............. :evil:

-S.S.-

hey, I'm sorry that all the generic, park rat types who slide slip down what little powder we get around here have skewed your perception of snowboarders. We're not all like that.

Also, I'm going to try to switch over to tele this season.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
mtnbkr4235 said:
There's nothing better than earning your ride by making an hour long hike up to a peak then riding untouched powder in a cirque.
agreed, lets go ride something cool this winter, eh? We can start colorado winter monkeyfest.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
T0mo said:
agreed, lets go ride something cool this winter, eh? We can start colorado winter monkeyfest.
That'd be sweet. I'll have my license in 31 days and will probably be getting a car in the next few weeks so we'll definitely have to get a group of people and go up.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
T0mo said:
hey, I'm sorry that all the generic, park rat types who slide slip down what little powder we get around here have skewed your perception of snowboarders. We're not all like that.
How dare you try to smash my prejudices! ;)

Also, I'm going to try to switch over to tele this season.
Oh good God. That's even worse. You gonna grow dreadlocks and start wearing patchouli? :D

I guess on a positive note, you won't be poaching my lines on tele boards.......... :nuts:

-S.S.-

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
If you're a new driver you ain't a good driver. Just be careful there Tex - we'd like to see you around until you're 20. And by getting behind the wheel your chances just dropped........ :(

-S.S.-
Good point. I'm atleast a good driver compared to many people I know and I wont be one of those crazy ricer-kids so I guess that improves my changes a decent amount, lol.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mtnbkr4235 said:
Good point. I'm atleast a good driver compared to many people I know and I wont be one of those crazy ricer-kids so I guess that improves my changes a decent amount, lol.
Don't run red lights. Ever. I've seen more T-bones out here than I care to think about. And remember - the left lanes are for *passing* - if someone hauls arse up behind you and you can get right, get right. Don't get all $hitty with them.

Oh - and for God's sake, don't drive with the fog lights on........ unless it's foggy/snowy. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Don't run red lights. Ever. I've seen more T-bones out here than I care to think about. And remember - the left lanes are for *passing* - if someone hauls arse up behind you and you can get right, get right. Don't get all $hitty with them.

Oh - and for God's sake, don't drive with the fog lights on........ unless it's foggy/snowy. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
Don't worry, I hate stupid drivers so I'm very conscienscous about not becoming one too much even though I have a lack of experience. It pisses the sh1t out of me when people hang in the left lane so I always try to get to the right myself.