Quantcast

Snowblower 2024….someone had to do it.

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
I finally got a snowblower last winter.

My driveway sounds similar to yours and I got the exact model I think you will end up with: a honda hss928.
The thing is badass and should last and be supported for decades.

Some things not mentioned above:

The shop here won't sell the wheeled version, I guess it sucks compared to the tracks. Maneuvering the tracked version is no problem with the clutches and hydrostatic drive.

I'm not sure anyone cares but me, but the honda blowers seem way quieter than the other gas powered units.

The chute controls alone are worth the additional money over other brands if you value your time.

Get an electric start model; not because electric start is nice (which it is) but because the machine was clearly designed to have that battery cantilevered off the back of it.

In our neighborhood, our machine is the only one that will cut thru the berm the plows leave at the end of the driveway.

Like Woo said, any two stage will probably work for you, but, I'm very happy with that red machine.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My 1332 is pullstart.

Meh. I tug on snowmobile ropes, this is nothing. I wouldn't let it keep you from getting one if no electric start is available

and yeah they're definitely quieter

Some of those craftsman/tecumseh motor ones are fucking obnoxious :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Side note. I've got a 10 years old Deluxe Arien. Neighbors bought exact same model last year cause they saw how I could send that white shit 30 feet in the air. They had problems with chute rotator first winter. We compared mechanisms and turns out I had metal gear and them plastic.

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
I planned to get a pull start.. My only complaint with the pull start was that the COG is screwed up when you tilt them. The $200 seamed worth while to fix that on its own. It makes my wife happy when she uses it as well. But I do agree, its not a must have if only a pull starts are available.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Depending on budget

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
a heated roof alone wouldn't have been enough in 2017, 2019, and 2023

so we're already doing that for the dams, but sometimes you just need to get the 8ft of bullshit off the structure. We've got a hip roof so it's strong is a shallow angle so nothing goes anywhere
That’s your problem, Woo, you aren’t a big enough thinker.
1696469663176.jpeg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@kidwoo

Strong roof with a shallow angle, right? Could you get some kind of mini chains for the smaller snowblower you wanna keep up there, to make sure it has enough traction? If the regular wheels/tires aren’t enough.

Oh, and I’ll kick @rideit in the nuts for you next time I see him.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
but are they hand-forged and artisanal?
he buys the chains from ace hardware and cuts the tension cams on his old mill so......

you see tire chain cams are a thing that's needed to tension tire chains

tire chains are the things that go on wheels to give them traction in snow

snow is a white version of frozen water that infinitely attracts more whiteness

just cuz where you live....I'm helping

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Wow, now I am fantasizing about kicking BOTH Full Trucker and JStuhlman in the nutz, Chuck Norris style, all while molesting Woo’s face like in the Three Stooges bit.
As to the snowblower…what the fuck did you really wanna know, how much it weighs, or if I have dragged it up to the roof?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
he buys the chains from ace hardware and cuts the tension cams on his old mill so......

you see tire chain cams are a thing that's needed to tension tire chains

tire chains are the things that go on wheels to give them traction in snow

snow is a white version of frozen water that infinitely attracts more whiteness

just cuz where you live....I'm helping
Dear god, this sounds like a Phish song.