Quantcast

snowboarding at wisp???

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
First off I know this is supposed to be in the snowboard forum but not a lot of people post there.... so I thought I would get more feedback in the VA surrounding areas forum because Wisp mountain resort is in maryland.

Anyway I am going up to wisp at christmas.... I see that there opening day is the 17th. Does this mean all their trails will be open (im guessing no) most resorts open with just a few trails. Anyway the real question is... I go to wisp 9 - 10 days after they open. Will they have the whole mountain open by then? Virginia has been having so warm temps. latlely but then again it can get pretty cold in those mountains. Please give me feedback....just got a new Custom X and want to carve up that mountain and hit some park, but I don't know if it will be completely open. I don't wanna be stuck on 2 greens all of my vacation.

:help:

Thanks

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
snowshoe opened today, and they have a big demo day next weekend. 7springs will follow in a few weeks, then wisp then whitetail etc. Normally wisp wont be 100% open unless some good storms hit it by christmas. but as we all know the weather is hit or miss in this area. anyway, it will be one of your best bets that early. the custom x is a nice board, i rode a baron es last year a few times and liked it.
--z--

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
Yeah Ive been looking at snowshoe's "pic of the days" lately....their looking pretty sweet. I'm going to snowshoe presidents day weekend, but thats a long way away.
Do you know if the deep creek forcast is calling for lower temperaters? beacuse these warm days are really holding up snowmaking

I was also thinking about last year.....last years snow was pretty bad but I remember riding liberty during thanksgiving....I hope these bad winter seasons get better

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
Well looks like wisp will be open after all, they have gotten some pretty good snow over the last few days and a solid base (25-30''). Everything should be solid up there.......any monkeys goin up there post here or PM me ill be ridin with my cousin and its always good to ride with new people

BUMP :nopity:

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
for the 3 hour drive, 7springs would be better choice. it also is open.
--z--

i only like wisp when there is alot of natural snow becuase they have some glades.