Quantcast

Snowmass National on Altitude

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Did anyone else see the 30 minute show covering the snowmass national this morning? It was on Altitude from 7:30 to 8. Several local riders/racers were in the spotlight for each event, and many had short interviews. Yeti even had commercials featuring Graves on some Colorado trails.

It's good to see some coverage.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I didn't see it this morning, but I have seen it before. Altitude has been replaying that quite a bit... pretty cool really!

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
I recently heard there will be no Snowmass National this year, but there will be another gravity race in addition to Blast the Mass.
August 9-10, The Snowmass Enduro

Final format TBD, but plan on logging vert for at least 6 hours (and possibly 12 split into 2 days). Most laps wins. Pretty simple, huh?

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Our experience with chips was, ummm...how to out this? Something less than fantastic.

We're gonna go straight analog on this one. Check in at the top and check in at the bottom. 1 run = XXX number of feet (no matter how you get down.) "Ties" will be broken by time - just like in a 24-hour race.

MM

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
August 9-10, The Snowmass Enduro

Final format TBD, but plan on logging vert for at least 6 hours (and possibly 12 split into 2 days). Most laps wins. Pretty simple, huh?
All DH? Would you make people wait 30 sec for the rider in front in to go? Otherwise it would be chaos if there was no delay between starts. Is everyone in the same class? Safety seems like it could be an issue.

A Snowmass info site says the dates are 23-24.