Quantcast

Snowmass race...

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
I just looked at the results for the race; there were a lot of girls racing sport that I didn't recognize. Congrats, weimie! You had a good time!

I practiced the course thursday and friday and wasn't too crazy about it. I was a little dissapointed at the lack of technical aspects, though it did seem to become a bit more challenging as the week wore on, and the riders tore into it :)

Since we were pretty beat from a month of riding, I decided not to race the course. We were packing up our booth sat. evening when I heard that my friend from Austin, Kristen, got injured on the mountain cross -- she wound up breaking her tibia and fibula and ankle. We drove straight over to the ER in aspen saturday night and visited her. I didn't see the accident, but when I heard, I freaked out and started crying! I heard from different people terrifing things -- that she shattered both her legs. The thought of her alone in the hospital really scared me. Fortunately, it was just the one leg and she seems to be doing a lot better. The hospital did surgery pretty much immediately and were keeping her there through today.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I heard about her crash...pretty scary.

I saw you walking your bike while I was on the chairlift at practice and I think I saw you doing some runs. All in all....a good race. I was jumping the road jump, clearing the small double after that, dealing with the HUGE braking bumps and clearing the log gap at the end of the course (which I was most happy about).

Erin crashed during her race run, if she hadn't she probably would have won it. The 2 girls that got 1st and 2nd, well....there's some drama about them but I'm really happy with my race run.

Will you be at Telluride?