Quantcast

Snownuts

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Are awesome. We got about 1-1.5" of snow yesterday and the parking lot at my office had a perfect layer of snow that really needed to be disturbed last night. I didn't leave until after everybody else had, so I had an entirely empty parking lot. 5min of snownuts was a good way to relieve some stress and get used to the limits of my tires.

/thread

IBricercomments

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
practice your handbrake turns....le awesome. I used to love swinging the back end out with my quattro then jamming on the gas in 2nd and just ripping out of turns. That and taking a 90* turn into a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide road, where I knew I wouldn't smash into anything.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
What is the over/under on the length of time before we have this thread? (with a Subaru of course)

One of my buddies did that back in high school. He was sliding all over an empty parking lot and didn't realize there was a curb at the edge of the parking lot under the snow (ruined the tire and the rim).

He's a doctor now... go figure :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I always get a little nutty in a parking lot after the first snow each year. I think it is valuable to re-familiarize yourself with low traction handling at the beginning of snow season.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I guess I don't get it....but if it's because the car is a Saturn and not a Subaru, it's still a Saturn and that makes it wrong.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Snow donuts kick ass. Its entertaining in my car, it's all wheel drive but apparently it feels when ever the tires start to slip all power gets dumped to the rear :think:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Back in college we were doing "snownuts" in a Costco parking lot (I was just a passenger). It was all fun and games until one kid side-swiped the rear wheel of his STI into an island and snapped the wheel right off at the knuckle (just like the pic above). I trolololol'ed all the way back home. Stupid rich kids.

EDIT -
I guess I don't get it....but if it's because the car is a Saturn and not a Subaru, it's still a Saturn and that makes it wrong.

What you don't get is the dude never said it was a Subaru. Go back and read it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I guess I really don't get it. My understanding is that he's asking who's taking bets on how long we have until stoney wrecks his wrex by doing stupid donuts in a parking lot, just like the fella in the photo.

I'm saying that anyone who drives a saturn, in particular the redline, is pretty much stupid to begin with, so driving it over a curb is NBD. No saturn, bar the Sky, should ever be driven as though it were anything but a wheezy, sad, anemic plastic box that it is.

Fill me in on the joke I don't get.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The joke is you made a comment that made no sense and had no relevance to what he stated, and you still continue to "not get it".