Quantcast

Snowshoe 12-13?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Anyone planning on going to Snowshoe this coming weekend? I think i'm heading out alone and don't want to ride all day saturday and sunday alone. Just curious as to who is going and who i will be getting hammered with at night.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Anyone planning on going to Snowshoe this coming weekend? I think i'm heading out alone and don't want to ride all day saturday and sunday alone. Just curious as to who is going and who i will be getting hammered with at night.
Well I just got back from SS last weekend. Total slop fest. There were only about 10 people there riding so I rode mostly alone. I was able to get 20 runs in though over 2 days.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Hey my wife just informed me she was going to NYC this weekend, so I'm free. I might be down for SS again. Have you already got a place booked? My condo there is already booked for the weekend so I can't stay there.

Last edited:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Doubt i'm heading out now. I was planning on camping, but my plans fell through and i'm too poor to afford lift tickets, and gas. Hopefully i can get out to the shed because my new sxtrail has been sitting there built for 2 weeks now all lonely like.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Well I know a guy who has two condos at SS and I might be able to get one of his rooms pretty cheap. Of course you're still looking at splitting gas, and paying $79 for lift tickets.

OB1

Monkey
There'll be a small Windrock contingent there this weekend. I'm sure we'll see you on the trails or around. :cheers:
I might just have a sudden itch to drive 5 hours up there suddenly. Coming from Charlotte will be a loong lonely drive....but I can sleep on the straight parts.

Hey Oldskool....throw me that info as well. And your own if you might have your rental available during a race.:cheers:

javzx7

Chimp
Feb 2, 2008
Tucson, Az
i ll be there this weekend and i have a place reserved in Expedition station from saturday thru tuesday with a pull out sofa so if anybody needs a place to crash they are more than welcome, just PM

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
looks like a few of us are going to make a trip out to the shoe this weekend to ride (still tentative). what's new since memorial day weekend? there was talk about a wall ride and a better way to access ninja bob...

it will be nice to get away from the NoVa heat wave.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
looks like a few of us are going to make a trip out to the shoe this weekend to ride (still tentative). what's new since memorial day weekend? there was talk about a wall ride and a better way to access ninja bob...

it will be nice to get away from the NoVa heat wave.
Ha I just sent you an e-mail about working at the Shed this weekend, guess that won't happen. Anyway here is what I saw that was new for me at least:

Ninja Bob: Don't know about a better way to get to it though. There was a trail called Crosscut which is just like a fireroad that goes there.

New Road Gap: There is a new section of trail at the top which starts right at the lift. At the end of that section is a road gap. It drops about 8 ft and you have to jump out 18ft. The old road gap is taken down.

Dual Course: They built a pretty good dual course where they had Monster Park setup before. There is a wall ride you can do at the end of it.

Thats about all I remember that was new to me at least. Have fun there this weekend. I'll be headed up for the race.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Is the road gap accessible non race weekends? I know they took them down in the past, but i hope this isn't the case now.

Cross Cut was there memorial day, Ninja bob apparently was supposed to have a top section (at least i recall brad saying something about it, i could be hallucinating)

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Is the road gap accessible non race weekends? I know they took them down in the past, but i hope this isn't the case now.

Cross Cut was there memorial day, Ninja bob apparently was supposed to have a top section (at least i recall brad saying something about it, i could be hallucinating)
Last I was up there (July 4) the Pro road gap was not open, but the other one was.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
new road gap is always open.

andrew you guys can meet me at the top of the western lift at 10am and i'll show you a new trail we just finished. super sweet!

powerline connector starts monday.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
new road gap is always open.

andrew you guys can meet me at the top of the western lift at 10am and i'll show you a new trail we just finished. super sweet!

powerline connector starts monday.
I will try and make that as well. Would be cool to get a guided tour from the trail master himself