Quantcast

snowshoe 2005

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
well gang things are going great here at snowshoe!! other than the 9 inches of snow we got yesterday things are on the move. we have 3 new trails finished on the western side, and we have started the A line!! the new trails have a wide range of styles,from fast and wide open,to tight and techy,to out right hare ball. yes hare like the rabbit.i think everyone is going to love it all. the staff will be made up of all riders. some beg.,some novice,and some pro!! we will try to post some pics soon.there are already some on ridesnowshoemtn.com. the kat in the orange fuel shirt is stoneysnake!!! hope to see everyone there this year.we won't be there for the opening, we'll be at the US OPEN!!!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I rode my hardtail there most of last year and loved it! I'd say a Prophet would hold up fine, as well. It's hard to beat blasting some of those trails on a DH bike, though.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Yep...that's what I rode, and it handled the trails wonderfully. I wish I hadn't sold it...that was a fun little bike. So i'm stoked for this A-Line trail going in...hopefully it will drain well. Using any special dirt for this trail? :D

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Sir Happypants said:
when u toss the name a-line around at a lift accessed mountains, expectations get a lil high
The actual name is "powerline" but it is to be basically like "A" line at Whislter. It was designed by Shaums March. Should be cool!!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'll be there a week from saturday to help out with the trails for a day. I'd come up during the week, but I have to take...*sigh*....philosophy in summer school. I'd rather be stranded on an island with leprosy and richard simmons than take that class. Anyway, I'll be there friday night and camping, and plan on working all day saturday.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
o man snowshoe sounds sooo legit this year. hmmm now all I need is a bike and a tent and i can haul my a** up thur to west VA. Been snowboarding there a lot and the western territory is soo nice on a good powder day , I bet the trails for mtb are the same but without the whole snow thing.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
foxfreerider11 said:
o man snowshoe sounds sooo legit this year. hmmm now all I need is a bike and a tent and i can haul my a** up thur to west VA. Been snowboarding there a lot and the western territory is soo nice on a good powder day , I bet the trails for mtb are the same but without the whole snow thing.
good assumption!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
ha, I'm like movin there and stuff!

all I can say, (because there was too much damn snow on the ground) is that there is a good hard working crew of riders semi pro/pro influencing/working on these trails and there is nothing but good to come of this situation.

I saw lots of motivated people with positive attitudes and common goals for snowshoe's 2005 season, that is to make nothing but sick, sustainable trails. It seems as though this year there is alot of focus on the western territory.

I know they are up at 7am on the mountain digging 40 hours a week.....

up to something, stole that from the site

I wanted to get up in the woods to explore some myself, but it was covered in snow, I'm not sure how many new trails are complete on the westside as of yet, somone else may be able to fill in on that.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
3 trails finished on the Western side per Banche in his first post.......I talked to Banche and stoneysnake a week or so ago and they don't plan on stopping at 3 tho...

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
It'll be nice to move out and ride there cant wait to help out and ride and work out there this summer.

I knew it was vanilla ice in that first pic on the site.

Kalan any idea on whos the official designer of the bike magazine course?

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
BUCKET said:
No more Giant DH Team :think: ? What bike did you order?
well i was going to save some money and get a Yakuza Kumicho,but supposedly Brad from IH told me they are sold out at the moment...i've got him trying to locate me another as we speak! i hope he does dammit!!

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Racer-X said:
well i was going to save some money and get a Yakuza Kumicho,but supposedly Brad from IH told me they are sold out at the moment...i've got him trying to locate me another as we speak! i hope he does dammit!!
Coooooooooool!!! I hope he finds you one.

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Sweet, get my room ready I'll be up there soon.
Brad your new frame looks awesome better come get
it before I build it up and you know.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Theres a drop off the lift on the western territory that u can hook into the sport course i think. That was a fun drop to air out.